There are several innovative ways you could come up with for decorating your house. Right from the garden pathways to building the patios one can constantly play with the given space. Stone wall cladding is also an interesting way to transform the look of your house. However you need to be extremely creative and willing to experiment with the look.
What is stone wall cladding?
Cladding stone is a type of a thin stone slab. These slabs of stones are used to stick to the walls. Once they are stuck to the wall it transforms the look of the house completely. It would appear as if the house is made of stones. The glue that is used for the stones to stick onto the walls is a different kind of cement. It is durable and sturdy option for your homes. You will not have to worry about the slabs going loose or coming out of the wall for a very long time.
Who does the stone wall cladding?
Stone wall cladding is an interesting option. There are 2 options in this kind of decorating the home. You can either think of doing it yourself or hire the contractors for the wall cladding.
DIY (Doing It Yourself):
People choose to do the stone wall cladding themselves because they do not want to bear the added costs of hiring the professionals. If one is confident of his architectural skills he can certainly glue the stone slabs onto their home walls.
- Begin by ordering the stone cladding and the cement from the supplier. For this you will have to find out the best dealers and suppliers in your neighborhood.
- Next thing is to mix the cement so that you can fix your stone slabs on the wall. The proportion of mixing the cement with water has to be precise or else you will not be able to stick the slabs.
- Once the mixture is ready you are all set to stick the slabs. You will actually have to get your hands dirty to stick the slabs on the wall.
- When you are doing the process of taking slabs and sticking on the wall you will have to be patient and careful. Make sure to place all the stones correctly and fix them properly to the walls.
- It will take lot of time to fix all the slabs on the wall. Hence you might consider seeking the help of your friends or family members.
Hiring A Contractor:
It can be an expensive affair hiring a professional for stone wall cladding. But then you can skip all the efforts of locating a dealer, purchasing all the necessary items and doing everything yourself. All you need to do is find a good contractor and he will do the job for you.
- Look for a good contractor who is expert in building stone walls.
- See if the professionals are skilled in handling such projects. You will not want people to come and experiment on your walls at the cost of your money.
- The contractor should make use of good quality products in putting up your stone wall. You will not want the stone slabs coming off the wall in the middle of the night.
- Set a deadline with the contractor. This is why you hire professionals so that the work is completed accurately and on time.
- Discuss your project in detail. What kind of slabs you will want for your walls, size, placing and most importantly the fees has to be discussed.
Choice is always up to you whether you want to hire a contractor or do the stone wall cladding yourself. But consider all the discussed factors and then make a decision.
Give an attractive look to your home with stone cladding. Click here to get more idea about wall cladding.