Planning on a bouquet this romantic day? Know the proper way of looking after fresh flowers which means you can enjoy your floral surprise for a longer time of time. Here are six tried and tested ways to make those stunning katoomba Flowers stay fresh for a few more days.
1. Use lukewarm drinking water. Keep the normal water temp between 1000F to 1100F. Professional florists and commercial growers equally swear by this system. How come this effective? Because drinking water molecules in hot water move faster than the substances in cool water, it makes drinking water absorption easier and better for flowers. Keep in mind it’s important that water and its own nutrition should reach the top of the blossom as fast as possible. But hang on, there’s an exclusion. Tulips, hyacinths and other light bulb flowers need cool water.
2. Add vodka. For antibacterial action, this means fresher and cleaner drinking water for a long period, put in a few drops of vodka. But keep in mind, you’ve kept to change the – every day when you can often.
3. Feed your bouquets. You may get the conventional blossom food from your respected florist or perhaps simply make one at home! Combination a teaspoon of home bleach, a teaspoon of sweets, 2 teaspoons of lemon drink and 1 quart lukewarm drinking water. The acidifier is acquired by this solution, biocides and glucose needed by the rose. An alternative will be a solution of apple cider vinegar and sugar.
4. Check and identify the stem type and re-cut appropriately. Use clippers or a sharp knife rather than scissors which means you won’t crush the stem and its own vascular system.
5. Use a lemon-lime soda like 7UP and Sprite of water instead. Citrus soda is sugary and acidic this means it can feed the flower and keep carefully the pH of the plant stable. For info check: http://lilysfloristkatoomba.com.au