Having a baby is a very exciting time for all new parents, but there is a lot to prepare for. One thing that can be a lot of fun getting ready is the baby’s room. There is furniture to think about, walls to paint, carpets to lay, and where do you even begin with the accessories? With so many different things to think about, sometimes a helping hand is just what is needed. To ease some of the stress of having so many things to think about, below you will find the top baby nursery trends of 2016 to give you some ideas and direction of where to start with the decor.
1. Pastels: Pastels are making a comeback this year. Soft colors such as pale pinks and periwinkle blues seem to be popular as do tones with a hint of lavender.
2. Rose Gold: This is a lovely color that has just the right hint of pink in it. It is subtle, but effective at the same time and will look great in your baby nursery decor.
3. Southwest Look: Maybe you want to give your baby room a subtle but rugged look. This trend focuses on dream catchers and feather mobiles and can create a warm vibe with natural accents to complement.
4. Modern Design: Another trend that has made a return this year is the modern look. With bright white furniture giving that sleek look and trendy accessories, your baby room will look funky and fresh with this trend.
5. Away in the Sky: Clouds and sky themes are a hot trend this year when it comes to baby’s nurseries. The fluffiness gives a calm, serene feeling, ideal for getting baby to relax.
6. Natural Wood Effect: Give your baby room the rustic look with wooden art, shelving and furniture.
7. Statement Cots: There are some very artistic cots being created at the moment, and if you are looking for something a little different for your newborn, then maybe this trend is the way to go. With variations including clear, see-through cots, to peculiar shaped cots, there is definitely something for everyone in this area.
8. Travel and Adventure Theme: This is the number one theme of 2016. Arts and walls encompassing globes and beautiful landscapes are making themselves seen this year.
9. Vintage Look: This theme never seems to get old and is still a very popular choice for the baby nursery. Vintage quilts and antique furniture look great among light colors and give it a really homely feel.
10. Cosmic Theme: Another popular choice right now is a cosmic themed baby bedding Australia. With classic shades of blue and stars painted on the ceilings, your nursery will soon be transformed into something cosmic.