Air conditioners come in various types and sizes. They are either spilt or wall mounted and some are ducted and some ductless. The air conditioners with duct are quite popular and widely used in places where cooling has to be provided in a larger area. The ducts are hidden in the ceiling or the wall and the air flow happens through them. In the ductless air conditioners, there is no need of vents and the air is circulated in a room through an outdoor condensing unit. There are many benefits of a ductless air conditioner.
Ductless Air Conditioner Benefits
- As they are ductless, the installation process of these air conditioners is very simple. Hence, it makes them economical too.
- Not much but there is also a little flexibility in the air handler location.
- Unlike ducted air conditioners, these air conditioners cool only a zone completely thus provides more cooling comparatively.
- Most of the ductless air conditioners don’t make noise when operating.
- Some of the places where ductless air conditioners are well suited are an office, workplace or a garage.
- Ducted air conditioners can be ideal when you need to cool a smaller place or older homes where there is no ductwork.
Working of Ducted Air Conditioners
The ducted air conditioners include spilt air conditioners that are widely popular these days. They work with the help of an outdoor unit that takes moisture from the outer air. Some of the major differences between split air conditioners and other air conditioners are:
- The heat pumps are very different in the ductless spilt air conditioners. They are efficient in cooling and heating without any huge outdoor or indoor units by pulling up moisture from the air and use heat’s tendency of moving to cooler areas from warm places.
- The connections in the mini spilt air conditioners are very simple and easy to install. If there are any outdoor or indoor units, there are suction lines that connect them that draw refrigerant lines to facilitate transferring of warm air via power lines.
- In these air conditioners, the outdoor units are wall mounted either inside or outside the house. There are also ceiling and floor mounted air conditioners and they have a blower to deliver heat and cool area to specific area.
Ductless Air Conditioner: Where can you buy?
As it is an electrical device, you must not buy it unless you have full knowledge about them. You have to first figure out your requirements and budget for the air conditioners that includes size, shape and many other features.
Then you need to choose the company whose product you want to buy. You can buy some really good air conditioners from San Diego. There are some reputed companies that offers mini split San Diego. Unless you are not quite sure about your requirement about the air conditioner, don’t buy it yourself, you can take advice from your friends and family or even your electrician for the best choice.