When renting a charter bus there are many factors that can affect the price per person or group. One important factor is whether you are renting a standard or luxury charter bus. The next important factor is the size of the charter bus. When talking to the charter bus company make sure that you ask what is figured into the rental price in order to ensure that you are not being charged more than you should be or charged for something that is not pertinent to the rental price.
Some of the things that can affect the rental price can also include:
• Fuel prices—because the price of fuel fluctuate over time you need to find out if the rental price they quote you will change because of this fluctuation as the price may be higher or lower on the day of the trip. Some companies may figure in a higher fuel price due to possible fluctuations resulting in higher fuel prices on the rental date. Remember that the larger the charter bus the higher fuel costs.
• Insurance—it is a requirement of the charter bus hire company to have insurance on all their charter buses, including general liability insurance, auto liability insurance, property damage, personal injury insurance, and insurance to cover medical expenses. Other types of insurance may be required but it depends on the area where you are renting a charter bus. If the insurance they carry go up in price then it may cause their rental prices to increase.
• Distance of the trip—how far the trip is will help the Gold Coast bus charter determine if the rental price will be based on hourly or mileage rates. Longer trips will naturally cost more than a short trip because of the driver’s salary, fuel prices, etc. There are some charter bus companies that will charge more if your trip takes you into another country or state. Some may even charge by the hour and the number of miles. If it is a long trip, it may require two drivers.
• Season—because most people will take vacations during the summer, the rental prices of the charter bus may be higher. If it is during the winter season and the trip involves driving in areas where there could be severe winter weather, causing an increase in price. The increase in price may go to the driver because they will be driving in this severe winter weather and have the safety of all the passengers in their hands.
• Using a broker or travel agency—if you use either of them to rent your charter bus from they will add in their commission, which could be as much as twenty percent.