If any worker gets injured in his workplace then his physical as well as mental health will be disturbed. As per the law, the worker is entitled for suitable compensation, in case he gets injured in his workplace due to any negligence on part of his employer. If the employer or the company fails to compensate the injured worker for his damages and other medical expenses then he can also sue the company. If the company is sued then they have to pay very large amount as compensation.
You may visit the website workinjurylawyerlosangeles.org and get suitable legal advice as an employer, if you are facing any kind of lawsuit.
Following are some of the most common types of injuries that take place in various workplaces.
- Too much exertion – In many cases, workers may get injured due to constant pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, holding, and throwing in their workplaces. As per the statistics and surveys available, too much exertion is the topmost among the workplace injuries.
- Falling down at same level of surfaces – Sometimes any worker may fall down on slippery or wet surfaces in the office floors. Another example could be particularly for aged employees, who may be walking on snow covered paths on the way to their workplaces.
- Falling down to lower level – Such type of injuries may take place by falling down while on the roof, stairways or ladder.
- Bodily reaction – These types of injuries can happen due to tripping and slipping without any kind of falling.
- Got struck by any object – Any object may fall from above or it may be dropped by any other worker. These types of cases can cause serious kind of injuries.
- Got struck against any object – Sometimes a worker may accidentally run and get struck among concrete objects like doors, walls, glass windows, cabinets, table and chairs etc.
- Accident on the highway – In most of the business activities transportation is used for carrying goods in truck or car, which might meet with an accident on the highway like any common road accident.
- Caught or compressed by heavy machinery – These types of accidents are very common in large factories where plenty of heavy machines are installed. Sometimes, a worker may not follow the safety rules or due to carelessness may get injured. At times, the worker may get exposed to very high temperature condition that may cause serious injury.
- Repetitive motion – This type of injury may not be too common, but can be very harmful in the long run. A person who types for longer duration or work on computer may cause muscle or back pain or sometimes vision problem too.
- Assaults due to violent acts – Office politics or any serious argument may aggravate the situation that people may assault each other which may cause physical injury.
You can certainly prevent such cases by carefully planning your office and locating various equipment and furniture. In the factories, all the machines must be properly placed and only workers must have access to such places. All the safety norms must be strictly followed. Management must include certain fitness and exercise program to keep employees fit. Both employees and employers must cooperate with each other to follow all the safety rules religiously.