It can get brutally hot in Australia, especially during the summer. To keep cool under the sun, why not install a rectangular cantilever umbrella for your outdoor space? Unlike regular outdoor umbrellas with a pole right in the centre, a cantilever umbrella is attached to a freestanding pole on one side, thereby freeing up the entire space under the shade.
Cantilever umbrellas come in circular, octagonal, square, and rectangular shapes. To cover longer tables, you will need a rectangular umbrella (but you can also try combining two squares which is often a more versatile option). To ensure that you are getting the best value when you purchase cantilever umbrellas in Australia, here are some factors to consider:
- Materials used – You want outdoor umbrellas that can withstand the elements. The frame of a quality rectangular cantilever umbrella is made using marine grade materials such as stainless steel and marine-grade aluminium.
- Operation – Rectangular umbrellas are quite large and can be hard to open and close manually. To balance out the umbrella’s weight and make the lowering and raising process easier, a gas strut is added to high-quality umbrellas for almost effortless deployment. A quick-release sliding system also helps.
- Fabric – One of the most important parts of the umbrella is the fabric. The best ones are colourfast, meaning they don’t fade under the sun. You should also choose fabrics like Dickson Acrylic and Sunbrella are also stain and water resistant. Another good thing about Dickson Acrylic is it is recommended by the Skin Cancer foundation as it protects from harmful UV rays. See if the umbrella is rated by OEKOTEX to ensure the fabric does not have any harmful toxic substances that can be a hazard to you and the environment.
- Maintenance – Poorly-made umbrellas that are manufactured with cheap materials usually quickly fade and develop mould. The best rectangular cantilever umbrellas are mould resistant and are easy to clean. Their fabrics are easy to remove for washing if required.
- Installation – Choose rectangular cantilever umbrellas that have different fixing options such as in-ground anchors, wall mounting fixings, surface plates and portable bases for maximum flexibility, allowing you to mount the umbrella exactly where you want it.
- Price and warranty – Remember that price is only the beginning. Don’t fall into the trap of buying something that will need to be replaced again next year. Quality umbrellas will be backed with significant warranties, some up to 5 years.
About the author:-
Shadowspec.com.au offers an exclusive variety of premium outdoor umbrellas of exceptional quality, ranging from wall mounted umbrellas, cantilever umbrellas, double cantilever umbrellas (rectangular umbrellas), rotating cantilever umbrellas, outdoor patio umbrellas, high wind performance umbrella and more. They specialise in supplying premium quality outdoor cantilever patio umbrellas, to cater to all domestic and commercial requirements. They are the number one outdoor umbrella supplier in Australia, offering shade solutions for every location in eye catching designs & styles to aesthetically enhance the surroundings of any outdoor situation.