With the help of HAG Canada, you can be a certified halal food distributor. The Arabic word ‘halal’ means any food item that is prepared as per the Muslim law. In simpler words, Muslims have to follow the criteria of preparing and consuming the food. Mostly, meat food items are covered under the halal section. When you apply for the certification, you will have to be careful about the processes. Only then you will be to establish the fact that you follow the Islamic law.
Muslims choose to eat the halal food as their religion teaches them it to be the ideal food for consumption. This means the food store or the eatery that claims to sell the halal food has to meet the set requirements by the regulatory bodies. The process for the certification is made simpler by the halal certification agency in Canada. In order to make your understanding easier, here are simple tips to get the certification:
- The first step is to get in touch with the halal certification agency where you will get all the details pertaining to the Islamic food guidelines. There you will also find an application form for registering as a halal food provider.
- You will have to fill out the application form. Make sure you do not miss out on the details. At the same time, you have to be careful that the information that you share is in accordance with the standards that you follow.
- After you have filled out the information regarding your practice, you will have to submit the same for the approval. You will have to pay an application fee along with the completed form.
- The registered body will contact you for inspection after they have reviewed your form. You can schedule the inspection for certification. The main aim of the inspection is to confirm whether the information supplied is accurate.
- There are parameters on which your halal certification depends. The officials will evaluate how closely you follow the rules that are set by the Islamic law for the halal food. Only if they find that you follow the guidelines, they will approve and offer the certificate.
- Halal certification agency in Canada might make you sign the contract. This is to make sure that you follow the rules not just during the inspection period but after that too. As per the contract, there will be follow-up inspections as well.
- Throughout the various application procedures and the inspection, you will be entitled to pay the fees to the halal certification agencies. You simply have to comply with the procedures and focus on offering good quality food.
Oftentimes the procedures might appear to be lengthy and complicated. However, with the assistance from the certification agencies, you will not have to worry about the legalities. There are food suppliers who question or challenge the need for certification. But, a simple certification helps the customers decide where to buy from. A shop that is a certified seller of halal food is preferred over the ones that do not have any certification.