Have you ever heard of the Idiom “Use it or Lose it”? It is true! If you don’t use your body, you will surely lose it. Your muscles will become flabby and weak. Your heart and lungs won’t function efficiently and your joints will be stiff and easily injured.
There are many people who are totally unaware about the importance of exercise. There are some people who follow exercise on routine basis and some people have no idea about its benefits.
The lack of exercise and a poor diet may lead to number of health problems, not just physical but sometimes mental as well. It is essential that healthy eating and exercise is something we adopt from an early age.
As you get older, it becomes even more important to remain fit and healthy. You may struggle to pursue simple routines such as walking to certain distance, playing with grandchildren and moreover you tend to get aches and pains you never had before.
So, Exercise can help you stay healthy, energetic and independent as you get older.
Benefits of Doing Exercise:
- Improve Your Health: By staying fit you will reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease and much more.
- More Energy: Regular exercise helps you reduce tiredness. Even though exercise in itself can be tiring, one of the main benefits of exercising is the fact that it will ultimately leave you feeling more energized.
- Sleep Better: When you exercise more you will start to find it easier to get a good sleep. This adds to the energy boost that you will get from exercise in the long term.
- It Improves Your Mood: Each time you exercise your body produces endorphins that help to make you feel good. Exercise really does give you a natural high!
- It Lowers Your Stress Levels: If you frequently suffer from stress, or even mental health problems like depression and anxiety, regular exercise can help to minimize your symptoms.
- Improve Your Appearance: Exercise for weight loss does get results. If you feel unhappy about yourself because you are overweight and not toned, then losing weight can help you to look and feel better.
- Increase Your Stamina and Strength: Doing regular exercise increase your stamina and strength. You will eventually be able to do household works without any stress.
- A Sense of Achievement: When you start to exercise for weight loss and see the improvements you are making each week; you’ll really get the feeling that you’ve accomplished something worthwhile.
There are many customized exercise programs available and if you have the time and money it would be worth seeking professional advice to get all the relevant information about the exercise pattern that works best for you. Aerobic exercises are good exercises to help improve your overall stamina. Walking is also considered an excellent way to build up your aerobic activity and you can start of by walking at a slow pace and then building up your speed and distance.