The birth of a baby is definitely one of the most wondrous things that happen in anyone’s life. It doesn’t matter whether the baby is your son, daughter, niece, nephew or cousin. Any new baby in the family is truly a gift.
When a new baby arrives in the house, everyone feels like showering the baby with love and affection. The best way to demonstrate your love and affection for the baby is through baby gifts.
Giving gifts is a surprisingly complex and important part of human interaction which helps in defining relationships and strengthening bonds with family and friends. There are various occasions for giving a baby gift. From baby birthdays to celebrating a baby’s first steps, from new arrivals to baby baptisms and christenings. Baby gifts can also be given at a baby shower before the baby even arrives. And baby gifts are special when they are given for no occasion at all.
There is a whole world of baby gifts and a whole world of reasons to give them. There are various baby gift stores in Sydney area from where you could find a whole range of different colorful gifts for babies.
Here are some general guidelines to consider while purchasing gifts for babies:
- The gifts which are made of fabric should be labeled as flame resistant or flame retardant.
- The gifts which you give to the babies should be washable.
- Painted gifts should be covered with lead-free paint.
- Art materials should say nontoxic.
- Gifts such as rattles, squeak toys or electronic toys should not be too loud because if the child holds it directly to the ears, they can contribute to hearing damage.
Besides the gifts demonstrating love and affection, they can also be educational. The gifts could be such that they help the little ones learn about the world and the best part here is that they always educate in an entertaining way.
High-contrast patterns and bright color gifts would captivate the baby since they are the easiest for them to see. And objects that move slowly and produce a gentle sound are far more interesting to them than those that are fixed and silent.
Some of the items which could be gifted to new born babies include the following:
- Sock and wrist rattles: Attaching a soft rattle to the baby’s wrist or ankle would provide long moments of entertainment to the baby as they will experiment with new sounds they can make themselves.
- Sensory toys: A soft toy which would trill or tweet when pressed will please the baby and the accidental squeaks would also help them become aware of what their hand is doing.
Whatever the type of baby gifts you give, you will be sure that the gifts will be adored and bring a lot of joy and entertainment to the baby.