Microsoft Power BI, or for its abbreviations in English “Business Intelligence” , is a service of analysis of business based on the cloud that provides a unique view of the most critical data of your business. Monitor the status of your business through an active dashboard, create rich interactive reports with Power BI Desktop, and access on-the-fly data with native Power BI Mobile applications.
- Mass information, but consolidated within the same Excel workbook.
- It allows to work and analyze the data as you have been doing. No needs of great knowledge, nor expenses of use in technology, beyond the necessary for the daily use of Excel. You can get Office 365 and office 2019 from here.
- Tools such as Power Map and Power View are incorporated to visualize images and graphics in 3 dimensions.
- Natural language interface. This is to be able to make consultations to Power BI in the same way that we usually interact with other people in question-answer mode.
- We can obtain information on trends and predictions (forecasting) of our business about sales activities.
- With the ability to present multiple extremely complex data in an attractive way, in a single panel.
- Find out instantly when your company claims attention with Power BI panels in real time; Solve problems when they appear and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
- With Power BI, you can ask questions in natural language and get the appropriate graphics in response.
- Create and publish content packages for your team or for the entire organization. Content packages include panels, reports and datasets that provide all users with a customized view of your most important business metrics.
- You can access all the data wherever you go, from Windows, iOS and Android.
In short, Microsoft Power BI is an intelligent, predictive and highly supportive system for companies at any level and hierarchy. Translates the most complex data into simple graphs and answers that can be understood by all, all this reflected in easy-to-see and easy-to-use screens.
Guide to avoid fines before Microsoft BSA
Speaking of BSA (Business Software Alliance) or BSA Microsoft, is talking about security, and above all, transparency and legality in the purchase of some software. This alliance arose in 1988 at the initiative of Microsoft Corporation, with the intention of uniting the largest software manufacturers in the world and thereby protecting the copyright of the computer programs produced by its members.
It is important to know that many of the licenses or programs sold mostly from Microsoft have a clause that requires users to accept audits by software companies, so it is important that you as a user know some key points to avoid bad practices by auditors and thereby avoid unnecessary fines:
- The BSA is a group of software manufacturing companies, they are NOT the authority, so they can not take legal action on their own.
- This association can take some action, as long as it is proven that the user is committing some crime of theft of authorship.
- The BSA can not enter your business, inspect, close or confiscate property, unless you have a court order, where it is clearly stated.
- You can not ask for reports about the programs you have, so you as a user are not obligated to provide any documents or information about those licenses.
If a representative of the BSA were to appear , you should take into account the following:
- Request that you identify yourself.
- Verify that you are a person accredited with the BSA.
- Must have original power or certified copy where each manufacturer granted the authorization for such inspection (company that is not in power, is a company that does not authorize the visit).
- Request list of works, which said authorship is within the BSA.
- If it is not a judicial requirement, you are NOT obligated to provide any information.
Not for that reason we can make use of illicit licenses and programs; We respect copyright and respect the work of all the people behind it.