Calling the nine months of pregnancy, a roller-coaster ride will not be wrong. The intake of food during pregnancy should comprise of proteins, vitamins and minerals to fulfill the needs of the growing uterus and mother. Diet plan varies month by month, espaciely in last month. if you are not sure what is the expected due date, you can use some online calculator to check Pregnancy Due Date. Following are some of the healthiest meals that should be taken by a pregnant woman.
1. EGGS: Eggs contain high amounts of protein, which help in developing the muscles of the fetus.
2. DAIRY PRODUCTS: Dairy foods such as milk, cheese and yoghurt contain high amounts of calcium and protein. Increased intake of dairy products help to meet the needs of the growing fetus.
3. LEAN MEAT: Beef and chicken are rich in protein, which is an essential requirement of a pregnant woman. Beef also contains iron, which helps in increasing the hemoglobin.
4. FRUITS: Fruits containing Vitamin C and fiber such as oranges and berries should be taken regularly by expecting moms. Fiber helps in digestion of food, preventing constipation.
5. WHOLE GRAINS: Whole grains are a source of iron, fiber and Vitamin B, which are necessary for a pregnant woman to consume.
6. FOLATE-RICH VEGETABLES: Vegetables rich in folate should be consumed during pregnancy as it prevents babies from birth defects.
7. NUTS: Nuts contain high amounts of protein, Vitamin B & E, phosphorus, potassium and zinc that provide instant source of minerals.
8. LENTILS & BEANS: Presence of folic acid, folate, potassium and fiber in lentils and iron, calcium and zinc in beans help in digestion and regulate blood circulation in the body.
9. SALMON: Salmon contains Omega3, which are healthy fats. These are beneficial for both, the mother and the baby.
10. OATMEAL: Folic acid, iron and fiber, which are the chief nutrients of oatmeal help in digestion and maintains a good hemoglobin.
More information about health & Health calculators @ calculators.tech