There are various ways in which you can decorate and accentuate the properties of your gardens. Gardens form an integral part of any house, it is where you can spend some quality time with the mingling elements of nature. The purest part of any house is the amazing garden area it has; it lets you speak volumes about the love and respect you have for nature.
Also, it is great to have an amazing garden in your house since it improves the value and the pristine quality of your house. According to science, spending some time in the garden area of your house improves the functioning of your brain and lets creative set its pace in your life. It is said that 30 minutes of gardening, do the same effect as 30 minutes of any aerobic music.
That is why it is great to add values elements to your garden and make it as beautiful as you can. Let your garden be a restful place for your soul and let you experience some magical moments with the pure elements of nature. Garden pathways will make you live through the best silent hours of your life.
Adding onto the beauty of your garden with the decorative stepping stones
Stepping stones are one of the creative aspects adding elements of a garden and make a great pathway for the magical land of your garden. These stepping stones can range from very simple to the poured concrete or pavers that can add to the true value of your gardens. These stepping stones act as a pathway for gardens and can be self-installed. You can add really creative stones to your garden backyard and make it an amazing garden. Also, a pathway made of natural stone pavers is a very simple and inexpensive way of adding charm and ecstasy to your garden landscape and make it appear more luring than it already is.
There are various advantages of adding stepping stones in your gardens. They offer a very natural and practical route for foot traffic from either the driveway or the sidewalk till your doorstep and also the back or along the side of the house. You can add some great ideas to your garden pathways with the best and creative stepping stones that even resembles with the décor of your houses.
What are the benefits of adding stepping stones to your garden?
The precise beauty of Stepping stones is not only great for gardens but its decorative value adds another dimension to your garden space. Other than the aesthetic value of the gardens, there are various reasons why gardens should be decorated with charming decorative stones. These include:
- They keep the foot clean: The main aim of keeping the stepping stone into the gardens is t provide a good area for the person to walk into the garden and make some way for them. This also keeps the feet clean and provides a clean space for you to walk into the garden beds and tend to the plants. This doesn’t let dirt accumulate on your shoes and gives to a nice track to walk into the fairytale land. You will also enjoy walking not the garden and spend more time with the plants with a good mud free track to walk on.
- It keeps the grass off: The best place of positioning your stepping stones are your lawns. With the high traffic area of the gardens owing to the playing area of the kids, it is great to place a stepping stone over there. They look more attractive than the bare dirt and are also easier to maintain and look after.
- It defines a trail to your garden: Since you have already spend a lot of time in the making your yard beautiful and adding good elements to it like a water fountain or a statue through the area of your landscape. It guides people to walk into the proper area of your garden and make the visitors also enjoy good natural air and vibe for sometime
Things to consider before laying a stepping stone
The grandness of your homes or the humble and elegance of your homes is incomplete without a proper stepping stone posed garden that can take you to an everlasting journey. Adding some creative elements to your garden will entice its overall look and make your country vibes stronger. However, there are things that you should be considered before going for a stepping stone poised garden.
- The shape of the stepping stone:
These are available in a wide range of sizes and dimensions and so it is important that you choose the one that resembles with the setup of your homes. You can go for circular, rectangle and various other shapes of the stepping stones.
- The knowledge of how to install them:
This is also very important since if you install me low, the grass will grow over then and too high will make it impossible for your lawnmower to move.
- How much distance between the stepping stones:
Too close installations end up with a much-dragged pathway that doesn’t look good and far drowns all your efforts. Generally, the centers of two stones should be 45cm away from each other.
- Things in between the pavers:
If it is a healthy lawn then you don’t need to plant anything in between but if it is shady the look for plant options.
- What to put under the pavers:
The foundation should be strong so as to provide good stability like cement. It is normal for stepping stones to settle and sink owing to moisture and foot traffic and left up due to more addition of soil underneath.
- Why stepping stones are better than solid pathway:
Stepping stones do not create a hard pathway for your garden and instead are soft in nature and that is why it is preferred in the garden installation.
- Which pavers are best:
You can go to materials like Bluestone, granite, and travertine. Avoid materials like sandstone.
- How to lay stepping stones:
There is an entire process that has to follow in order to ensure that stepping stones stay in place when installed.
- Is there any post care required:
There is generally no post care required and so you can easily indulge in a carefree garden space.
- The different DIY for creating stepping stones:
You can create stepping stones for your garden area yourself by just following the DIY steps.
Gain the entire knowledge before laying stepping stones in your garden for an effective view and charm of your own nature.