Documents, whether it is electronic or paper, are essential for any enterprise. Due to the high demand for Digitization, organizations want to reduce their paper-based work and implement a system from where they can easily access their important documents at any time.
Documents play a vital role in any organization as everything is dependent on it only. So to reduce risk and regulate this process properly we should use the Document Management System.
Now the question arises, What is the Document Management System?
Document Management Systems are the system to track, manage, store and retrieve documents. It also reduces the storage space, provides better backup with security. Nowadays, Document Management is accessible from a small sector to a large-scale enterprise which integrates standard document features.
The main objective of this system is to monitor, that all documentation is managed and stored in one place, with the different levels of encryption to prevent errors or misleading information. Document control is mostly used in parallel with Quality Management Systems.
Quality document management is defined as the software that filters the document, manage it and provide the quality one throughout an organization. It includes quality document workflow, centralized document storage, and output systems.
Key Points to know Document management:
- Parallel but separate editing of documents is possible here to keep away from the conflict of overwriting.
- Can undo the last change done in the document in case of any error.
- Version control is also there to differentiate two different versions.
- Reformation of documents.
As per the survey, Documentation is a strategic business advantage, so we need to implement this advantage for the success of the organization. To manage the quality documentation efficiently we can use Quality Document Management System.
A transformation from a paper-based system to eQDMS(Electronic Quality Documentation Management) is time-saving as well as cost-effective. It facilitates a real-time collaboration with lots of changes.
3 Document Management Systems available globally:
These document management systems provide you not only the regular features but different tools also.
1.Noodle Intranet: Noodle Intranet is a social intranet system that helps to collaborate and share ideas, forms, calendars, documents and even manage projects and workflows within site.
The software has more than 15 applications which include document management, calendars, forms, activity feeds, databases and workflows, as well as communication tools, like video conferencing, instant messaging and more.
It facilitates both the options cloud and on-premise. Our Noodle Intranet solution is used globally, by small-scale enterprises to large corporations alike for coordination of office locations, departments, teams, documents, and digital assets.
Important Features of Noodle Intranet
- Designed for everyday users: It is user-friendly and very simple to use. There is no need to be a technical expert to work on it. Anyone can use it to create blogs, upload documents, forums, e-forms and many more. The interface is simple to use and also easy to search the content they need.
- Shared documents: This functionality provides us the platform to create and store unlimited files of any type. One of the best features of this function is check in & check out of the documents. Here we can easily approve and monitor the workflow of the document.
- Single Sign-On: SSO function enables one-time username/password for all connected applications.
- Media album: Here You can import, store and share the images of any events, without plugging your email. It also provides the platform to link with the external video hosting services like YouTube, or you can upload your videos even in your Noodle site.
- BizPortals 365: BizPortals 365 is an intranet solution made with the automated features. It is easy-to-use, easy-to-setup and the best thing is that we can access it from anywhere and anytime. It’s a Modern solution for the organizations to maintain the workflow comprehensively.
It’s objective is to help businesses to be more productive and increase profit in less time. BizPortals 365 combines key Office 365 tools and business applications together, and provides a unified experience to employees who have all the trendy options nonetheless is easy to use.
Important Features of BizPortals 365
- Comprehensive workplace solution: It is the solution who Organize, share and participate in all documents and files; easy to search the documents, events, tasks and more; it transforms the paper forms with electronic forms; also create workspaces for the teams to maintain the workflows.
- Document and content management: Give the platform to add, edit, update and publish quickly. It supports all types of content, and for quick search result it categorizes and tags the content.
Forms management: It changes simple paper forms with pre-built electronic forms, to track the workflow from start to finish.
Powerful search built on Office 365 facilitates a quick and easy search. You can easily find any information you want, like documents, announcements, forms, events, and tasks. Also, you can set and save search criteria according to our requirement.
- M-Files: M-Files offers workflow automation which notifies you whenever document changes and even when it needs your approval. It helps to share the information securely with the team members.
It is a CMS platform used to organize, monitor and track the documents, also available for both small scale and large scale companies.
It is integrated with the search engine to provide the quick search result whenever you find the documents of any type with the names or keywords. It also facilitates to search inside the text of documents. It is easy-to-implement and strong Document Management. It is easily equipped with other applications and avoid duplication.
Important Features of M-Files
- Hybrid deployment: The best thing about this solution is that it provides a hybrid platform means you can utilize both the setups of cloud and on-premise at the same time according to your requirement.
- A variety of management tools: It provides multiple functions to utilize Like it allows you to create multiple files of different types and also gives the retrieval facility. It helps you to create thousands of files daily without worrying about their security and storage.
- Central information repository: It acts as centralized storage for all documents and files, which allows you to search quickly and notifies all kind of changes done in the file. Through this system, it’s very easy to share both internal and external document like sending a direct link of any document which is always updated — no need to repeat the old things like email attachments.
Document Management needs less effort and time to manage the documents and contents. It organizes documents into electronic records for managing and following in an easy way and retrieve at any time as per your requirement. To combine multiple and large numbers of documents in a one, DMS uses two major features that are capturing and indexing.