If you are interested in being a painter and find the job extremely engaging and exciting at the same time, you are in the right place. The skills required to be a painter for home decorating don’t end in just being able to paint. The employers seek skills such as being a good listener to the preferences of the customers, having an aesthetic sensibility and aligning the patterns of the wallpapers etc. Here, we’re going to talk about the three best jobs in home decorating business for painters.
1. Painting and Restoring
Restoring old houses and the historical paintings and artifacts is a remarkable job for painters where they can taste the flavour of both the world of science and art. Though, for this job, knowing how to paint and being acquainted with the tools and materials may not be enough. There are various art universities and academies that provide three to four years of courses to learn how to restore the old houses along with its objects to its former authentic glory.
You need to have a certain level of comprehension of art history, art and the scientific technology of painting. It is a detail-oriented paint job such as well-attached layers, even coats, restoring intricate patterns and crisp, clean edges. A minor error can change the whole look of the building subtly but profoundly. Along with the general skill of a painter, it is essential to have a balance between delicate strength to move objects safely and manual dexterity to lift heavy things, for one who’s both a restorer and a painter.
2. Painter or an Interior Decorator
We always see many painters limit their jobs to their canvases, but if you have a knack for decorating homes too, why can’t you do both?
- The interior design industry offers a lot of chances for professional painters. Make new wallpapers and poster designs.
- The job of being an interior designer also demands you to paint new fabric patterns, wall, furniture, glass and crockery finishes.
- The decorations of homes are kind of painting job which is a well-crafted skill and they can learn it on the job. The decorator or painter needs to have a considerable amount of patience for the client, to be attentive to all the details and implementations to have meticulous preferences of the surfaces.
- This painter’s job requires not only familiarity with various colours but also with drying time, viscosity, lustre, texture and many other factors.
- The painter also needs to be competent on the finishes, sealers, varnishes and primers because any variation of the wrong mix on the wrong surfaces can cause the paint to fade away, crack or peel.
3. Industries need Painters too
Another skill-crafted painting is Industrial Painting, which applies to the industrial facilities and plants along with the finishing and protecting the huge industrial buildings. It includes all outdoors structures, like tunnels and bridges, appliances and tools, aircraft and vehicles. Painting gives it an attractive feature and decorations to the finished product. However, industrial painting protects the surface of diverse objects from disintegration and erosion because of the usage and the extreme climate changing. The painter should know the different surfaces.
Despite mentioning the three best jobs for painters related to home decor, that is just the beginning for painters. Along with having general skills, the painters can also open their businesses with their communication skills, talent of time management, and aesthetic sense. Home improvement is just one of those doors to the painters to succeed in their path.