Even though, wood router can help you in cutting the stock as per your requirement but that it is only as good as the accessories which you buy. Just choosing the right wood router would not help you in getting the stock in proper shape. You have to get the essential accessories as well. Therefore, when you’re looking to buy the wood router, it is important to look into the accessories which you would need to buy along with it. Once you are able to look into the accessories as well, it would indeed become easier for you to have the complete package which would help you with woodworking.
We would today share with you 3 must-have accessories when it comes to buying the wood router.
- Router Table
The 1st and foremost accessory which you should always get is the perfect router table for your router. This would ensure that you would have a proper workplace on which you would be able to keep the stock and you would be able to use the router to your advantage. Not just for using the router but the router table can be useful for working on the stock without the router as well. That is why you have to always think about getting such a table on which you would be able to keep the stock while you’re working on it.
- Router Bits
There are many different types of router bits which are available these days. You need to understand that depending on the stock on which you are working, the router bit would need to be changed. That is why, when you’re picking the router bit, it is important to understand the type of stock in which you are looking to work and thereafter only, you would be able to start working on the stock.
We would detail some of the router bits below.
- Straight router bits: as the name itself suggests these are used for making straight cuts.
- Flush trim router bits: these are routing bits, especially useful in cutting the edges of the stock.
- Rabbeting router bits: these router bits are useful for cutting the material of the stock in vertical as well as horizontal manner.
- Chamfer routing bits: These routing bits can be used for creating the beveled edges in any stock.
- Edge forming Router bits:As the name itself suggests, these bits are needed for cutting the edges indifferent
- Raised Panel bits: These routing bits are used for the cuts which are required to decorate the stock.
- Stile and Rail bits: These bits are once again used for decorative cuts.
- Template Guides
Template guides are specifically useful for cutting the edges in different shapes and sizes. Also, if you’re looking to cut several pieces of stock in the same form and size, the template guides are one of the perfect options for you. You can either buy the entire set of template guides for the router which you are using or you can pick one among them. This is another useful wood router accessory which you can get your hands on.
So, if you’re looking at the wood router accessories which are pretty useful, these are the 3 options which you should definitely look into.