If you encounter problems with Norton Anti-Virus or Norton internet security login, first of all, make sure that the program is installed and enabled correctly and that you are protecting your PC in the latest state before proceeding to the steps to fix the problem that we will guide you within this article.
Make sure that Norton Antivirus is currently installed
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select “Apps and Features” from the displayed menu.
- Make sure that the version of Norton Antivirus you are using is listed under “Applications and Features.”
- If your Norton Antivirus version is not listed in the Programs and Features list, the program is not installed on your PC. In that case, please refer to the steps below and install the desired version of Norton Antivirus using Norton remote services.
Installing Norton internet security
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrator privileges and make sure that no other applications or anti-virus software are running on your PC.
- Download the Norton Internet Security Setup file and save it to any location on the PC (By default, all files are saved in the download folder).
- Right-click on the downloaded setup files and selects [Run as administrator] on the context menu.
- When you are asked for permission in the dialog, [Yes] (or, in the case of previous versions of Windows, click on continue).
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the upper right corner. Then on the installation and continue with the default installation.
- Wait for setup to install Norton Internet Security on your PC.
Check if the license is valid
- Right-click on the Norton icon in the system tray and select [License Information] from the displayed menu.
- On the My license screen, make sure that the text ” Enabled ” appears next to the version of Norton Antivirus you are using under ” License on this PC “. For valid licenses, expiration dates and remaining days are also displayed.
- If the license is not valid, please refer to the Norton Symantec customer service.
To ensure complete protection, keep Norton Antivirus up-to-date at all times. If you are not sure if the program you are currently using is the latest version, or if the program does not know whether the virus definition you use to protect the user is up to date, check with the Norton experts.
When troubleshooting a problem using Norton 360 Support, you may be asked to provide information on your program and the version of the virus definition. The information is necessary for troubleshooting can be obtained by the following procedure.
- Right-click the Norton icon in the system tray and select About Norton.
- On the [About Norton] screen, refer to the following information displayed at the top of the screen.
- Program version
- Virus definition version
- Definition number
Also, for details on updating Norton Antivirus, please refer to the following:
- Virus update history
- Publishing history
- Confirm whether your PC is protected
- Right-click on the Norton System Tray icon on the Windows task bar and select Open Norton User Interface.
- Make sure the Status tab is selected in the left panel. For more information, you may get in touch with Norton customer service.
The green ‘ Protected ‘ status indicates that all protection components are enabled and that your PC is protected by Norton Antivirus. If this status is displayed, there is no need for operation.
The red status indicates that serious problems have occurred in the major components of the antivirus, indicating that the user needs to deal immediately and a yellow status indicates an urgent problem. If the red or yellow status is displayed, click the appropriate action displayed below the status to ensure that your PC is fully protected.
- Solve: Solve the problem with active protection components such as core shield.
- Turn on: Enable components that help maximize protection, such as firewalls and automatic updates.
- Update: Update your Norton Anti Virus to the latest program version.
- Activate to / re-enable: the subscription plan selected and the Norton anti-virus to enable prompt message will be displayed.
- Restart immediately: Restart the PC and complete update of all Norton Antivirus components.
NOTE: If there are multiple problems that need to be addressed, you must get assistance from Norton help team via 24*7 available Norton helpline number.