You can easily get rid of dirt from your carpet with a little bit of work. But getting rid of the musty smell from the carpet is a greater task. Before you get to know the tips to remove the smell from the carpet, you must know the causes of the smell. There are some usual suspects that can cause the bad smell and odour of the carpets. It is important to get to know about the causative agents of bad smell in order to get rid of wet carpet smell.
Here Are Some of the Causes of the Wet Smell of Carpets:
- Water spills- Now, you might think that water has no smell. That’s true, water doesn’t smell. However, once it gets mixed with carpet fibres, it starts smelling. Even your entire room can start reeking depending upon the material of the carpet.
- Moulds and Mildews- Wet carpets are likely to grow moulds and mildews in them. While the carpet may start smelling when it is wet, moulds make it even worse. In addition to smelling nasty, it can also discolour and damage your carpet fabric.
- Liquid spills- Along with stains, liquids like wine, milk, soft drinks leave unpleasant odours onto your carpet. Leaving them unattended for too long may worsen the smell.
- Pet stains- Pets can create the nastiest mess on your lovely carpets. They leave fur, dander, saliva, vomit, urine, and feces onto the carpet that not only harbour bacteria but also cause an extreme stink. This wet and musty stinking can be unbearable for you.
You must take care of your carpets and remove the smell from it for a healthy surrounding and better life. When you smell a whiff of wet carpet in your home, use the following tricks to remove the smell.
Three Ways to Get Rid of Wet Carpet Smell Are:
- Baking soda- This is the most common ingredient that can be easily found in your kitchen. Baking soda has the ability to absorb odour and moisture. Simply spread baking soda over the carpet and let it rest on it overnight. You can also spread baking soda with a broom or sponge. Also, spraying a mixture of baking soda and water helps to get rid of the wet smell from the carpet.
- Vacuum- Regular vacuuming is really important to keep your carpet clean and fresh. Use the best vacuum cleaner and make sure to cover the whole surface of the carpet. Vacuuming the carpet twice helps to get rid of the mushy and wet smell from your carpets. Make sure you go over any area in two different directions in order to completely remove the moisture.
- Cleaning shampoo- Carpet shampoo can also help to remove the wet smell from the carpets. Carpet shampoos are generally used after vacuuming. You can wash or clean the carpet by pouring the shampoo over it and cleaning it with a sponge. Allow the shampoo to sit in the carpet for at least 20 minutes and vacuum the entire area once again. This will completely remove the foul and wet odour from the carpet.
Hire Our Professionals
Marks Carpet Cleaning is one of the topmost carpet cleaning services in Werribee. We have a team of well trained and highly qualified professionals that offer a wide range of carpet cleaning services. Our services include carpet steam cleaning, carpet dry cleaning, deep cleaning, stain removal, odour removal, mould removal, and many more. Carpet Cleaning Werribee use natural and Eco-friendly products for carpet cleaning. Hire Best Carpet Cleaning Company for amazing services at affordable prices.