To clean once in two weeks or every other day is the choice of everyone, but we can not but agree that a powerful role in this ritual is taken by a vacuum cleaner. And what if it suddenly went out of order, and the question “Why does not the new vacuum cleaner suck dust?” Does not go out of my head? Sweeping the house with a broom is not an option. In the article below, the reasons for the breakdown of the gadget for harvesting, the methods of their detection and the solutions are collected.
What if the vacuum cleaner does not suck? We are looking for the cause of the breakdown
The main thing – without panic. The source of such failure can be very easy to remove, and to think about the worst is always successful. First, you need to determine the reason why the vacuum cleaner either does not suck in the dust or does not do it at all. The most common of these are:
- The garbage bag is full. Then you either need to change it to a new one if the vacuum cleaner is equipped with disposable containers, or clean it if it is reusable. For example, a plastic dust collector requires only cleaning as it is filled.
- the filter is clogged after the previous cleaning. It can be rinsed, washed or replaced (depending on what material it is made of).
- mechanical damage. For example, a brush may break or crack a hose, which reduces the suction power of the unit. Such parts can be replaced with new ones.
- engine failure. This problem should not be attempted to correct yourself, so it is recommended to contact the service center.
Full dust collector
Overflow of a dust collector – the widespread reason why the vacuum cleaner very badly pulls. And to cope with it most simply.
- If the vacuum cleaner is a plastic container, it is recommended to wipe it out and wipe it first with a damp cloth and then with a dry cloth.
- The baggy type cleaning gadget is even easier to clean: just replace the one-time tank with a new one. But, if reusable bags of microfiber or fabric are used, they need to be shaken and washed.
Clean the dust tank as it becomes dirty. In this case, the question of why the vacuum cleaner sucks so badly will not arise.
First of all, it is necessary to find out which filters the harvesting machine is equipped with. In standard models for dry cleaning they are usually two:
- Primary, ensuring the absorption of dust;
- HEPA filter, not allowing back into the air allergens and microparticles.
HEPA filters are disposable and reusable. In the first case, when accumulating dirt, the old one needs to be replaced with a new one and continue to use the vacuum cleaner successfully. In the second version, it is recommended that the tank is thoroughly shaken out on the street (not indoors).
Mechanical Gadget Damage
The source of why a vacuum cleaner sucks badly can also be external and internal minor breakdowns. It can be:
- crack on the hose or pipe;
- A large dent on the body, resulting in damage to the “insides” of the vacuum cleaner;
- breakage of brushes.
The easiest way out of such situations is to replace the broken part of the device with a new one. It does not take much time and will immediately use it. Alternatively, the unit should be attributed to the service for the diagnosis of breakage and its elimination.
Damage to the motor
This is the reason why the vacuum cleaner does not “pull” the dust at all – the most serious. And, by the way, in this case, self-activity should not be shown. If a fault is detected of this type, you should immediately contact the service to fix it in time. After all, the motor in any gadget is like a human heart. From its correct operation depends the efficiency of the harvesting device itself. The ultimate solutions to this problem are the purchase of a new vacuum cleaner. If it still happens, today there are many models of inexpensive quality vacuum cleaners (for example, I can recommend bissell 9595a vacuum ).
Careful care of any device is an integral part of its operation. And since the technique is whimsical and demanding of itself, it is necessary to look after it carefully.
This also applies to vacuum cleaners. After all, in today’s world, this gadget is used very often. A minor crack in the pipe or clogging of the dust bag can turn the cleaning into an incredible torture.