With technological advancements having streamlined almost all aspects of business operations, it was only a matter of time before the recruitment process joined the bandwagon. Now, thanks to technology, recruitment can be done online.
Online recruitment encompasses the online sources used for recruiting and selecting candidates. These sources include resume databases, internet job boards, applicant tracking systems and online testing and assessments. Online recruitment has made the once lengthy and tedious process of hiring employees less of a hassle becoming the go to recruitment solution for a lot of employers who have discovered its advantages.
Recruiting through the internet is not just a matter of convenience, there are several other benefits that employers stand to gain by using this method of recruitment. They include:
- Wider reach. Because of the wide usage of the internet globally, online recruitment gives you access to a wide pool of candidates that would have ordinarily been difficult to reach. Online recruiting breaks the geographical barrier enabling you to have an international recruitment reach that will help you acquire the high-quality talent you are looking for. When you recruit online, you’ll also be able to transcend industry and career level barriers so as to reach a wider group of job seekers.
- Faster hiring. Recruitment has been known to be one of the slowest processes in business.By using a job website for your recruitment needs, you can significantly reduce the time it takes to hire for a vacant position. Posting a job on a job board, for example, takes less than 20 minutes and within seconds of being posted, the job ad can be seen by millions of people around the world. Interested parties can also apply for the job and submit their CVs directly from the job site.
Additionally, many online job boards include tools that help recruiters manage their job postings, candidate applications as well as schedule interviews from their site. The result of this is a recruitment cycle that takes up to 70% lesser time than traditional recruitment would.
- Lower hiring costs. A significant chunk of the recruitment budget is consumed by advertising. Traditional advertising will cost more money while attracting lesser candidates than advertising jobs on the internet. When you put up an online job ad, candidates will be able to see and apply for roles 24/7. Job boards can also provide additional elements such as targeted and branded advertisement that are much more effective at reaching the kind of candidates you would like to attract.
Using job sites for your recruitment also eliminates the need for staffing agents and head-hunters who could cost as much as 35% of the annual salary of the position.
- Automation of the recruitment process. The traditional recruitment process is intrinsically labour From creating job advertisements to manually sifting through applications, the process can be long and tedious. By recruiting online, you can use the extensive tools provided by online recruiters to significantly simplify the process. Online recruitment allows you to pose pre-screening questions to narrow down your search, review applications and perform bulk shortlisting; all of which help quicken the process.
- Recruitment is easier. Online recruitment platforms are easy to understand and use, meaning that almost anyone can use them to search for employees. Most of the job posting websites provide their users with the functionality of email providers and social media platforms. They also assist userscategorise and specify the region they’d like the job posting to be displayed. This makes recruiting a simple task for any business owners looking to hire.
Effective recruitment means quickly finding and hiring the right candidates for your business, and there is no better way of improving the effectiveness of your recruitment than taking it online.