Unclean, moldy grout and ceramic tile isn’t something that anyone wants in their home. Unfortunately, grout and tile cleaning can be a difficult task – sometimes, it seems that no amount of scrubbing will get your tile dazzling. But with a little effort, you can get your grout and ceramic tile looking great. Here, a tile cleaning expert solutions some of the most commonly asked questions about cleaning your tile.
1. Why should I get my grout and ceramic tile cleaned? Aside from the evident aesthetic reasons for cleaning your grout and tile, you’ll want to keep floor tile and grout clean because these areas can be a breeding ground for harmful microbes and pathogens. Grout, which is a porous material, can be especially problematic since it easily absorbs grease, olive oil, and other substances – which can contribute to the poor indoor quality of air.
2. How can I inform if my grout or tile needs cleaning? The first step in identifying if you need binding material or tile cleaning is a visual inspection. In case the grout and floor tile look dirty, it probably should be cleaned. Likewise, try to compare the grout and tile in high-traffic areas to that in low-traffic areas. When the tile in high-traffic areas is dirtier and darker than other areas, it should be cleaned out.
3. What should I actually do if my grout is mouldy or mildewed? Mouldy or mildewed binding material can be very difficult to clean. While a good scrubbing with a household cleaner may remove mold on the surface of grout, often the mould is in fact deeply inlaid inside the grout. If the do-it-yourself grout and tile cleaning methods you have tried aren’t solving your mould problem, you may need to employ a professional cleaning in order to resolve the issue.
4. Do I need to hire a professional grout and Tulsa Tile Cleaning service? Whether you should hire an expert tile cleaning service is determined by how unclean your tile and binding material is. While manual cleaning may remove surface dirt, it can be next-to-impossible to remove more significantly embedded dirt and muck yourself. Tile cleaning experts use special equipment to deep-clean your tile and grout. Plus, after the cleaning is complete, best cleansing agents will apply a sealant to your tile and grout to make it better to clean in the future.
5. Can a professional cleaning service make my tile look like new? That depends. Whilst professional cleaning can produce impressive results, it’s not always possible to return ceramic tile to “like-new” condition. Older tile could have imperfections that are impossible to remove, and if you’ve neglected cleaning your tile and binding material for a number of years, it might be more difficult to eliminate deeply embedded staining.