Hot water at home is a basic requirement in all homes located in cold countries, especially. Though most houses come equipped with water heater systems nowadays, there are times, when the heaters need to be changed or revamped as per the requirements of the family living in the house.
If you are thinking of whether your house needs a hot water unit replacement or not, then read on to know the warning signs:
- The water heater installed is an old one that has a high risk of malfunctioning
- You are moving into a new house and want an upgraded system to be installed
- The hot water system at your home is not enough or adequate to manage the requirements of the home
- There are leaks and cracks in the existing water heater tanks
The above are a few flags that make you realize that it is high time that you need to revamp your water tank. Once you have decided to change or revamp same, here are some factors that need to be kept in mind when replacing your water heater:
One needs to realize that when you are thinking of opting for hot water unit replacement, you need to get the basics right as this will have a long term impact on your house for sure. Firstly, it must be one that consumes low energy and is easy on the pocket. Secondly, the system must be adequate to provide enough quantity of hot water to the entire house.
So, here are 5 important facts that need to be kept in mind:
1. Need for the Family: Water consumption differs from one household to another. When you are looking for opting for hot water unit replacement, ensure that you keep this important factor in mind. Check on points like- how many occupants are there? How many faucets are there? What is the quantity of water required? Keep these factors in mind and then decide on the hot water unit.
2. Types of Heater: Thanks to the advent of technology, there is a wide range of water heaters available in the market. A few are solar, a few tankless, some come with coil water heaters and so on. Each of them has its own set of pros and cons. So, ensure that you find a good water heater for yourself after studying all the parameters.
3. Check the Energy Efficiency: Remember that hot water unit replacement is a long term fixture. So, always ensure that you choose one that is energy efficient. Each water heater whether old or new consumes energy, so ensure that you buy an effective one so that in future your electricity bills stay within control.
4. Check the Fuel Source: Now the water heaters need a fuel source to heat the water, make sure you find one with a sustainable one like solar energy or one that is heated by natural gas. The electric ones run solely on current and end up increasing the electricity bill.
5. Size of the Heater: Size is another important factor to consider. Firstly, the water heater needs to be fitted with a tank that will be enough for the family. Also, the size of the water heater needs to be something that one can easily install at home.
Here are some simple and important factors that you need to keep in mind when opting for hot water unit replacement at your home. These will help you decide on the perfect one.