Powered trolleys, drum dolly and powered tugs are some of the common warehouse equipment used across different industries. They are quite useful for materials handling, transfer and loading or unloading of raw materials, goods and finished products. Out of all these, the most common equipment used in different warehouses –whether big or small, is powered trolleys. Let us take a look at the merits of using such trolleys in detail:
• These eliminate the need for manual lifting heavy goods and materials, thereby increasing the safety of the workmen.
• These come with a number of detachable attachments, which make it easy to load or unload the goods.
• Non-powered trolleys need to be operated manually, which may cause injury to the handler at some point or the other. A trolley that runs on power needs no manual handling at all and hence, there is no risk of an injury.
• These can be designed specifically to meet a special purpose. For instance, the height can be adjusted, the wheels may be modified to run on different terrains, the handles can be altered as well and the load bearing capacity also varies to a large extent, which takes us to the next point.
• When fitted with wheels and casters of high load bearing capacity, these trolleys can bear load of hundreds of kilos easily. This is unimaginable with manually handled, non-powered trolleys.
In a Nutshell
So, these were some obvious merits of powered trolleys. Along with them, powered tugs and drum dolly also provide numerous benefits in terms of materials handling in different warehouses. All you need to do is to find a firm who can provide you with the best equipments in the industry and use them in your warehouse. Cheers!
Read article here: – 5 Obvious Merits of using Powered Trolleys.