Launching a new business requires research, planning, financing, and the proper fulfillment of any legal requirements. The best way to start is by writing a thorough business plan that provides you with an outline to work from as you begin to put goals into motion. Thankfully, there are a number of digital tools available that can make the process a bit smoother. Here is a list of 5 online tools for starting a new business that will prove to be indispensable to any new business owner.
The Best 5 Online Tools for Starting a New Business
- Even with all of the technological advances on the market today and various means of communication, providing a phone number through which clients and customers can easily reach you is essential. Global Call Forwarding specializes in setting up Virtual Phone Numbers that can either be local numbers or toll free numbers. They works with individuals and businesses internationally in over 140 countries, offering call forwarding services and many other features. The service provided by Global Call Forwarding ensures that calls made to one or more of your business’ Virtual Phone Numbers are seamlessly diverted to any cell phone or landline of your choosing anywhere in the world.
- Building a website for a business is another fundamental step in starting a new business today. WordPress is a popular platform to use, known for its ease of use and feature-richness. WordPress sites are perfect for any kind of business that will need a number of custom features to adequately support the business. Research indicates that close to 30 percent of the world’s websites today are powered by WordPress.
- Making sure all legal requirements are met is also one of the top 5 online tools for starting a new business that cannot be overlooked. LegalZoom is an online service that can help you get your business established anywhere across the United States. LegalZoom will file all necessary paperwork for starting your business and then send you your tax identification number (EIN) as soon as it is approved by the state in which you live.
- If you are a business that may require the use of freelancers or other types of independent contractors, you will have to cover all of your bases when entering agreements by creating clear, legally-binding proposals and contracts with whomever you are working with. PandaDoc is one of the best 5 online tools for starting a new business that will allow you to create a library of templates for proposals and contracts that you can go back to and modify depending on each individual project. It also allows for the use of eSignatures, which helps your business to go paperless with a great amount of accountability.
- Tracking progress is essential for a new business or a long-standing one. In order to stay ahead of the competition and best manage your resources, any business owner needs to stay on top of what is working, what is not working, and what may need to be fine-tuned to better suit the goals of the business. Google Analytics is a staple for every website, solidifying its place in the top 5 online tools for starting a new business. This should be installed before a business website goes live and will track the number of visitors, where your website visitors are from, the nature of their activities on your website, and even the length of time they spend on your website.
Using Online Tools for Your Business
Other tools you may need, depending on the type of business you have and your individual goals include video creation, video conferencing, software for easy conference calling, team communication, graphic design assistance, and more. As far as the initial stages go for establishing a business and for handling the most crucial steps of a new business, the 5 online tools for starting a new business listed above can help make things more efficient and more versatile.
In summary, 5 online tools for starting a new business include setting up Virtual Phone Numbers from Global Call Forwarding, creating a website (perhaps with WordPress), ensuring you have fulfilled all legal requirements in establishing your new business with the use of LegalZoom, creating any necessary proposals and contracts with the help of PandaDoc, and tracking the progress of your business from day one through Google Analytics. There are many other online tools available to assist new business owners in establishing themselves, but these 5 online tools for starting a new business are some of the most helpful and necessary.