Hospitality management is a booming career option and opens the door for numerous industries so that you have a prospering career ahead in life. BBA in hospitality management in India is a course that provides training in various aspects of hotel, travel, tourism, catering and hospitality industry.
There are many good colleges in India providing degree, diploma and certificate courses in hospitality management. One of the courses helping students enter in these lucrative industries is BBA in hospitality management. Some of the reasons to pursue BBA in hospitality management include:
- Hotel Industry: Indian hotel sector has been a booming industry with a number of new big hotel chains starting in here. There are a number of star properties and chain properties in India. Some of these groups are available across the globe and provide a great opportunity to learn and prosper in the hotel industry.
- Job Opportunities: BBA in hospitality management opens the gates for students to work in diverse industries like star properties, hotel chains, cruise and aviation industry, etc. Apart from these, a graduate in hospitality management can also take up administrative jobs in corporates, event management companies, teaching jobs, etc. Thus, based on the interest, one can choose the industry for work. Even within the hotel industry, there are various functions like:
- Housekeeping – this helps in maintaining the quality and cleanliness of the hotel.
- Front office for bookings and reception
- Food production – it is the centre of this profession and involves converting raw material into delicious final product, that is, mouth-watering dishes.
- Catering and beverages.
- Bar section.
- Procurement, etc.
Thus, there is a lot to learn in a hotel industry which is the choicest and booming career option currently.
- Multicultural Environment: BBA in hospitality management also makes you capable to adjust in various cultures, learn different cuisines, languages, and lifestyles of different places and cultures. In fact, people pursuing hospitality management are taught to get versatile and adjusting to the changing environment. Many of the good colleges have a curriculum designed as per international standards with a foreign language included in the syllabus. Some of the big institutes have tie-ups with foreign universities which provide an opportunity to have diversity.
- Challenging and Dynamic Environment: The profession of hospitality management is ideal for people who like to engage with different people and have the skills to sell their product. The profession is very dynamic and challenging in itself as one can switch their roles between different functions. It is said the person who has worked in the hotel industry can work in any industry. There is no stop for a person who is passionate about his work in the hospitality industry as the industry is full of opportunities and challenges. A person is an architect for his or her career and can choose the height and the pace at which he or she wants to progress in career.
- International Opportunities: People who have done BBA in hospitality management in India can join a big cruise or a hotel group in another country. Having such a diversified education, it is easier for a hotel management graduate to settle in a foreign location. Some of the good colleges providing this course also provide direct international placements to the students. Students who have a zeal in the profession and have an interest in working in a foreign location can easily get through this.
Hospitality management is the gateway to numerous industries and professions and any person who has excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and is self -disciplined should take up this career. As a person is continuously engaged with customers and guests, one needs to be extrovert, polite, co-operative, and respectful towards the customers and should have a lot of patience.