Owning a home is like living within an entity that can be called alive with all the energy you expend within the walls. Like any being, a home and its features too undergo changes, wear and tear, and do require the occasional thumps or kicks. But, while your remote control will start working after a few taps and pats, faulty faucets will require a bit more. When you think of tap repairs, you might always envision leaky taps that a plumber will fix but there are many issues that can arise from taps that are constantly used.
5 Tap Repairs According To The Problems
Opting for tap repairs in its initial stage of issues will help you avoid bigger and costlier problems. If you leave a tap to drip constantly, you will soon have to deal with molds and rotting wooden installations. Fixing leaking taps also help you save on resource bill. Other benefits of opting for tap repairs are:
- Help you maintain a clean and functioning home
- Prevents damages to the plumbing
- Leaks are often detected sooner when professionals come for tap repairs
- Helps you save a lot of repair money
With DIY projects being very popular, you might be tempted to try some repairs on your own but if you rather not risk damaging the lines further, you will look for professional tap repairs services. But, most of the issues faced by homeowners with taps are minor and these tap repairs you can undertake yourself. Some common issues seen in faulty faucets are:
- The Screeching Tap: unless you have aimed for a haunted house theme, the screeching sound coming from a kitchen tap will be really disconcerting, especially for guests. The problem lies in the rubber washer. Often hard water and constant usage make the rubber harden and then under the water pressure it gives off this sound. You can always replace the washer made of ceramic to have a longer-lasting effect.
- A Clanking Tap: while the clanking sound might make you wonder if the plumbing is in danger, you can also try investigating the tap. While this kind of tap repairs requires some knowledge about faucets and its parts, you can always look up for tutorials. Often a loosely fitted faucet makes this kind of noise.
- The Squeaking Handle: one of the most embarrassing situations you can face is having a faucet that makes a mouse being killed sound when you turn the handle. This occurs dues to the wearing of the thread at the stem of the faucet that connects with the handle. Some grease coating the thread will help you get rid of the sound.
- Spitting Water: one of the most important functions of a faucet is to provide smooth and flowing water. When you see that instead of this flow, the water tends to first sputter and spit and then gush out, you need to check the aerator. A clogged aerator often causes this inconsistency and the easiest tap repairs for this is to flush the aerator to remove any deposit and put it back.
- Water Flow Ceasing: when a kitchen tap starts to dribble instead of offering a stream, it causes a truckload of issues. The culprit for this is often the diverter. This is a small valve at the base of the tap and vinegar and hot water bath often clears the diverter of any clogging.
These basic tap repairs are something that will ensure that you can have a smooth and properly functioning house. Often certain parts are beyond restoring or multiple parts of the tap are damaged. Replacing the whole tap will be the best option. But, these quick fixes will definitely help you stay dry and safe.