If you have checked the cost of solar panels to be installed on your home, you would have got an estimate of the amount of money you would have to spend. But, that is not where the entire story ends. There are several other types of equipment that make a part of a residential Solar Panel Installation system in Melbourne. The following list would tell you all the other components required and their features and importance.
- You could be installing your solar panels system on your home’s rooftop or as a stand-alone system.
- A few racks would have to be bought depending upon the number of panels.
- The types of racks are different for the roof-mounted and ground-mounted Solar Panel Installation.
- If you install an automatic tracking system, it would increase the overall cost.
- The solar panels would generate Direct Current (DC) and it has to be converted to Alternating Current (AC) to run appliances in your home.
- An inverter is a segment that would perform this task.
- The inverter also acts as the point where additional electricity can be sent to the utility.
- Usually, these components run without the need for a battery. However, if you have battery storage then the inverter would also perform the task of charging the storage batteries.
- Weather-proof inverters can also be placed outdoors.
AC Breaker Panel
- The wiring from the Solar Panel Installation would be connected to the AC Breaker Panel. You would be able to disconnect the inverter and the grid in case servicing is required.
- Both off-grid and grid-connected systems may require storage of power. This would need the installation of storage batteries along with the solar panel system. This battery backup would keep supplying power when there is no availability of sunlight. If you install a storage battery, it would be required to have a DC Disconnect as well. Its main task is to disconnect the batteries and the inverter if there is any need for servicing.
- Even though it is not a necessary component, but the meter would keep informing you about the performance of the Solar Panel Installation system. You can get details like the system output and the capacity of the storage batteries.
- If you are running a grid-connected system, this component would be provided by the utility company. It would keep a check on the flow of current between the system and the grid. It would keep informing you of the amount of power fed back to the utility and the amount used by your home.
Do you need complete guidance on all the components that would become a part of your Solar Panel Installation project? Solar Engineers is a leading best solar company in Melbourne which provides solar panels installation for residential as well as commercial.