We all live in a plastic world; everywhere you look round, you will find some or the other thing made from plastic. Obviously, this adds to our Carbon Footprint. But try as you may, you cannot evade the use of plastic in your daily lives. This is where the option of reducing, reusing and recycling steps in. Here are some of the ways how you can use plastic crates to achieve stunning results:
• Create a foot stool: You can easily create foot stools out of plastic crates by gluing an upcycled cushion and covering it with some pretty fabric. These stools will add colour to your living space.
• Create a mobile library: Another way of using crates made out of plastic is to convert them into mobile libraries for your kid. All you need to do is drill in some wheels and attach a rope or a cord and put in some books in it. Your mobile library will be ready before you know it!
• Create a coffee table: Did you know you can use poultry crates lying around in your home to create coffee tables? Yes, it is true. Simply clean out the crates to get rid of any smell in them, paint them and varnish them.
• Create seating arrangement: You can join two or more poultry crates to create a pretty sitting arrangement in your porch. Just add few flat cushions on its top and it will be done!
• Create a garden tool box: Empty crates of large size are ideal for storing garden tools. For instance, you can store plastic pails of different shapes and sizes in them. Other than plastic pails, you can also store gloves, seeds, fertilizers, pots and other gardening equipments.
• Create pet beds: Another great use for plastic crates is to convert them into your pet bets. Just throw in some rags, their favorite plushies and keep it in a corner. I am sure that your pet kitten or dog will simply love its new place to sleep!
These are some of the tips using which you can recycled plastic bins that are lying idle in your home. To know more about them, keep watching this space.