Pune is regarded as one of the biggest educational hubs in India. High quality architectural education is the reason that more and more students aspiring to make their career in the field of architecture are choosing to study from the city of Pune which is constantly evolving and growing.
The architecture colleges in Pune have made activities like seminars, workshops and other such interfaces a part of their calendar so that their students as well as the faculty members get an overview of the industry and also the world outside simultaneously, besides their academic education. Sessions that go beyond the realm of architecture are also included to ensure that there is a host of student-centric and creative extra-curricular activities relating to sports and culture.
Check out our list of top 7 architecture colleges in Pune for B. Arch. and M. Arch.:
1. Dr. D.Y. Patil College of Architecture: This is one of the oldest M Arch College in Pune. The college has a capacity of 20 students for M Arch while B Arch has a capacity of 120 students. The college was established in 2000 and is known for its great infrastructure and facilities which helps in the overall development of the students.
2. Bhartiya Vidyapeeth College of Architecture, Pune: This is another M. Arch college in Pune, the college was established in 1994 and is ‘A’ grade deemed university. Masters course in architecture has a capacity of 20 students and was started in the year 2006. The B. Arch course was started in the year 1994 and follows the course curriculum as per Council of architecture.
3. Bhanuben Nanavati College of architecture for women: College was established in 1994 specifically for women who want to pursue architecture. The college has various courses for Masters in Architecture with an intake capacity of 20 students in each course. The courses include Landscape architecture, Environment architecture and Digital Architecture. The B Arch course was however started in 1994 since its inception and has a total capacity of 80 students. The college is the one of the renowned M Arch College in Pune specifically for Women. The college is also known for its infrastructure and the activities that it organizes for the overall development of students.
4. Sinhgad College of Architecture: Sinhgad College is Architecture College in Pune that believes in holistic development of students. The college has courses in graduation, masters as well as PhD. The college believes in interactive approach of teaching which involves workshops, guest lectures, cultural events etc. B Arch course has an intake of 120 students while the M Arch has two specialised courses which are Architectural conservation and Computer application. Both of these courses have an intake of 20 students each.
5. MCE’s society Allana College of Architecture: The architecture college in Pune has a history of close to 2 years and the college helps the individuals to bring their creativity to existence. The college provides courses for both graduates and post graduates. B.Arch. course has an overall capacity of 40 students while the M. Arch in construction architecture has a capacity for 20 students. The college boasts of its excellent infrastructure and excellent academic record.
6. Dr. DY Patil School of Architecture: Dr. D Y Patil School of architecture belongs to DY Patil group. The group has been consistent in providing quality education to the students and as a result has been credited the status of Deemed University. The college has courses in both B.Arch. and M. Arch with a capacity of 120 and 20 students respectively.
7. Aayojan School of architecture and design: It is a comparatively newer architecture college in Pune established in 2012. The college provides courses in both B.Arch. and M. Arch. with a capacity of 80 and 20 students respectively. The school strives hard towards creating globally renowned architects having a passion for achieving brilliance in architecture and bring glory to our motherland by serving the society at large.