How great a garden or terrace looks with beautiful plants and flowers! Do you dare to call yourself “a gardener”? We indicate some simple, basic but very important tips for your garden as well as for the pots of your home or terrace so that you always have “very lively” plants with excellent colour. Keep in mind that a healthy plant is a plant that will have less risk of catching pests.
- First of all, think about the time you are going to spend. Each plant needs different care. If you are going to spend little time or just on weekends, start with simple plants that need little care. Normally the native plants are the ones that need less care since they are acclimatized perfectly to our climate. The crass plant is an example of a plant that needs little care.
- Keep an agenda of your plants: Find information about the plant you have and write down what is its flowering period, fertilizer and, if necessary, pruning.
- Have pots and plants clean and free of dead leaves and flowers. If weeds appear, remove them as soon as possible so that all the nutrients in the soil are only absorbed by our plant.
- If your plants are flowered. You can apply this to get plants with more flowers: Buy plants with few flowers but with closed buds. Then place them in a place that has a lot of light, the earth that has light humidity and a fertilizer rich in potassium and phosphorus.
- If what you have is a lawn garden, take advantage of the plants that need more irrigation at the edges of the lawn, since that is where more water accumulates.
- When watering the plants always do it on the ground and never on the leaves or flowers as they can rot and are more prone to pests. If possible, use warm irrigation water.
- It is very important that the land is aerated. From time to time aerate the earth helping you with a rake.