Bachelor of Hotel Management is a 3-year degree course and is one of the most popular courses in India. One of the prime reasons for it is that students of all educational backgrounds can pursue this and the job prospects after Hotel management are diversified. The top hotel management colleges in Kolkata best of having shaped the careers of some of the most renowned professionals of hotel industry currently. And this has been possible due to the immense support and efforts of the experienced faculty members of these colleges, and also the availability of excellent infrastructure and placement support.
Now let us have a detailed study of the common reasons to join best colleges in Kolkata for Hotel Management –
1. College Infrastructure: The colleges in Kolkata have a good infrastructure with all the latest facilities. The best colleges in Kolkata for hotel management include facilities like baking equipment, well-maintained and hygienic kitchen with all the latest instruments & gadgets and also the digital library and internet facility. Moreover, these colleges also have world class curriculum, state-of the-art class rooms, libraries and recreational facilities, etc.
2. Internship Opportunities: Being a metro city, Kolkata has many big hotels, star properties and hotel chains. These hotels provide an opportunity for the students to undergo 6 months internship in these hotels. They also get to interact with the industry experts through workshops, industry interface programs etc. and have an insight of the functioning and current trends of this industry.
3. Cultural Exchange Programs: Being a part of the tourism industry, these hotel management institutes provide an opportunity to interact with diverse cultures. Hotel Management institutes of Kolkata have tie ups with foreign universities and this also helps students to excel in various types of cuisines, understand different cultures, also do their internships from hotels outside of India.
4. Placements and Job: The top hotel management colleges in Kolkata have a well-developed placement cell. The placement cell works towards exploring the different avenues for Hotel management graduates. They work towards building relationship of college with various relevant industries like hotels (star properties, hotel chains, bars and pubs, etc.), cruises, corporates for administrative roles, tourism and travel industry, aviation industry, etc.
5. Faculty: For pursuing any course, it is important to have good mentors and teachers to guide you and make you understand the nuances of the subject. The best hotel management colleges in Kolkata have a faculty having a large job experience in hotel industry. This helps students to get real exposure of the industry by knowing their experiences and learnings.
6. Group Institutions: Hotel Management is a course which has different functions attached to it like front office, customer bookings, food and beverages, housekeeping, food processing, etc. Majority of these roles involve a lot of interaction with people. Most of these institutions are quite big with number of courses being run at the campus. This helps students to interact and get exposure from the students pursuing other courses.
Many of these colleges are part of bigger groups which helps in exchange programs of the students as well as the teachers across these colleges.
7. Connectivity: Kolkata is well connected to all the modes of transport throughput the country and this helps in encouraging diversity in the college as well as most of the colleges have seats reserved for foreign students which contributes to diversity and cultural balance. A good connectivity also enhances the possibility of jobs and placements as it is easier for the colleges to invite industry laureates from different nooks and corners for Jobs.
Hotel Management is a course which apart from academics also require interaction with different cultures, thus Kolkata is one of the ideal places to pursue this course.