The concept of personal branding has particularly developed with the advent of the Internet and social networks, which suddenly made it possible to become visible and develop your network.
Today, the web is a public place that we can no longer ignore to develop our notoriety and reputation. With the Internet, everything becomes more and more transparent; search engines easily inform us about anyone. So we absolutely must take charge of our image if we do not want the Web to do it for us, at the expense of what we want to communicate about ourselves.
What is personal branding?
Personal branding is a process as old as our humanity and one of the codes of our society to develop its reputation and professional notoriety. It aims to build a strong personal brand to make it known and then recognized as an expert in its field of activity, on the communication channels favored by its targets.
For a brand image to be strong, it must be authentic, clear and understandable by all.
Personal branding consists of revealing your personality, asserting your added value, your talents, highlighting your difference, and thereby leaving anonymity, to:
– be more visible to its targets: prospects or recruiters
– achieve professional objectives: find potential clients or employers.
Here are 8 tips to develop your branding:
- Create your profile on social networks is an effective way about personal branding, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. If you don’t know a network, leave it aside for the moment. Start by creating your profile on those you master, you will come back later on the others. Because a profile created without any content will harm your brand image.
- Standardize your image: For this, use the same photo on each of the networks. Of course, a recent professional photo and not a photo of ten years ago, because it is the first thing that your visitors will see. All, by looking at a face, we make a first impression on the person. Your photo is, therefore, an essential element of your brand image: it is your first opportunity to create a strong impression.
- Create your domain name by purchasing your first and last name. This is particularly important for the professions where you are bought as a person (consultants, coaches, trainers, authors, and bloggers)
- Be active on your social accounts. People follow you because they care about the story you tell, the values you convey, the messages you deliver, and they expect to receive content from you regularly because they are attached to it. If you do not feed your accounts with content likely to interest your target audience, nothing will happen, people will not return, or even unsubscribe.
- Stay authentic so that your personal branding reflects your true personality, your style, your image. Do not try to play a role. Your articles, your videos, your messages must reflect what makes you unique to become a person to follow.
- Be consistent and moderate in your attitudes and speaking on social networks, to show a constant image in all circumstances. Do not overreact when provoked, do not participate in controversies. Whenever you speak, ask yourself how it will positively influence your personal branding and improve your credibility and visibility to achieve your professional business or employment goals.
- Do not confuse putting yourself forward and being self-centered, self-centered. Learn to capitalize on your expertise, on your talents, to serve others, inspire them and ultimately advance them.
- Use your image to the full so that your potential customers or recruiters, depending on the objective sought, “buy” you, even before purchasing your services. This will make a difference with your competitors.
Today with the Internet, it has never been easier to create your brand and develop your image through social networks. And if you want to multiply professional opportunities, be aware of your brand and work on it by following the 8 previous tips. If you are not so easy with these 8 tips you can hire a personal branding agency.