Are you seeking assistance to remove dead zones, blind spots or no signal zones at your home? Though you are using updated and latest Linksys wireless router for your internet connectivity, when you are sitting in poor connectivity areas of your house, you are not receiving any live and active WiFi signal. There would be numerous reasons for slow and sluggish WiFi signals. Some are metal or concrete walls, position of main wireless router or reflection of mirrors. An extender Linksys setup process would be the best solution to fix all network related issues.
How does Linksys Wireless Range Extender Works?
Linksys wireless range extenders enhance the existing WiFi signals coming out of the main router to cover the all dead zones, blind spots, and poor connectivity areas. Linksys wireless repeaters (extenders) are designed to work as replicator which can replicate the weak internet signal into amplified or boosted signal.
Linksys Range Extender Configuration and Installation
In Linksys signal boosters (extenders) you will get LED on the front that gives you the information about the power and WiFi setup as well. If the Led light blinks with white color, then it means that the Power is on and an update is also required. Solid white color LED lights mean that your device is ready to use. If you face any problem, then dial a toll-free number 1-844-726-2255 and ask us how to setup a Linksys range extender.
How to Install a Linksys WiFi Booster (Extender)
It is very important for you to understand the installation of your Linksys range expander (extender) prior to the setup process.
Note: Linksys range extenders are also called signal/ WiFi boosters, range expander, and wireless repeaters.
- First of all, connect the antennas and given power cable of your Linksys range extender and keep the antennas in an upright position.
- After that, place your device within the reach of your existing WiFi router.
- Once you are done with the placement process, connect a computer or laptop to the extender through an Ethernet cable.
- If the setup process doesn’t start automatically, then open a web browser (any) and type extender.linksys.com into the address bar.
Setup Linksys WiFi Range Extender using WPS
- Hit the WPS button on your Linksys WiFi range extender
- After a couple of minutes, press the same button on your router as well.
- If you have a dual-band WiFi router then you need to do the WPS process twice to connect with both the bands.
Connecting with the Linksys Range extender’s PIN
- Enter the PIN in the given field on WiFi-Protected Setup page of your main router.
- Once done, click on OK.
Note: This method only works only if your existing router consists of WPS Menu.
How to Setup Your Linksys Range extender
Note: The setup process of all Linksys range extender is as easy as 123. To access the Linksys extender login page based you need to get login to http://extender.linksys.com.
- Plug in your Linksys device.
- Connect it with PC or a laptop.
- Open a web browser. Into the URL bar, type the default IP address of your Linksys extender.
- Now, access the Linksys WiFi extender login page and add the name of your range extender as well. Once done, click on the save button.
We are always there for you in case you encounter any difficulty in setting up your Linksys device.
Set the Linksys Extender back to factory default values
If you face any difficulty in setting up the WiFi then consider keeping it on factory default setting. There are a few reasons that you might encounter-
- Intermittent or discontinuous internet connections.
- Unable to access Linksys range extender login
- The LED isn’t flashing or blinking.
So, with all the aforementioned condition if you have any requirement of putting your range extender on default factory setting then do create a backup of your Linksys device.
- You can easily access the setup page online.
- Click on the Management tab and after that, on Backup Configuration.
- At last, save the settings.
Another easy way of doing this is to press and hold the reset hole for about a few seconds.
Web-Based set up Page-
For Linksys extender setup process you can use the web-based setup as well. For this, you need to follow some steps given below.
- Firstly, launch a web browser (any).
- Access the setup page of your Linksys range extender.
- Now, click on start button > file explorer > Network button.
- Next, view device webpage. To do so, you have to click on the range extender’s symbol.
- Once done, enter the login credentials (username and password) by default.
- Next, Click on Administration and select the factory settings option.
- Restore the factory settings and complete the configuration process. Unplug the Linksys range extender and plug it back after a couple of minutes.
So, at any point, if you are stuck, then it is recommended to take help from our finest technicians (the solution partner of Linksys).