You may have different sources of producing heat and fire at home but still, there is no replacement for firewood. Whenever someone feels the need of heat in the winter season, fire is the first preference. However, finding good quality firewood in cities have become very difficult. Many vendors deliver inferior quality firewood that releases suffocating smoke more than heat. If you search for ash, birch, apple, cherry or ironbark firewood for sale in Warrimoo, only a few genuine sellers will be available to deal with. Generally, hardwood species are considered as the best quality firewoods, but some softwoods also serve the purpose. If someone has fooled you with inferior quality firewood, get ready to face the problems like:-
- Excessive smoke while burning
- Low flame intensity
- It extinguishes more frequently
- Exhausts quickly and release more residue
Best timing to buy a firewood stock
Your preparations for winters require precise timing because the firewood is not always available in ready to use state. Before burning, it requires adequate time for seasoning. The term seasoning means reducing the water level from the inner core of wood lower than 25%. Any firewood requires at least 6 months to dry. Summer is the right for seasoning firewood, but it doesn’t mean that you have to buy it in the summer season. The best timing for buying firewood is early spring. One cannot rely on the claims of vendors that the firewood is perfectly seasoned. Thus, you need to start preparations in the early springs. The summer after springs provides adequate time for wood to drying out completely.
Tips for proper storage
Adequate storage arrangements before using ironbark wood for burning are important because it is highly prone to moisture, termite & fungus. Even before buying, you need to arrange a suitable location for its storage. Here are some tips to consider.
- Keep the stack of firewood at the lower profile for the ease of lifting and prevention from the damage due to accidental slippage. Rather than increasing the height, make a new stack and keep the height below 4 feet only.
- Prevent your stack from the direct contact with ground level or it will absorb moisture from the ground. Also, the risk of termite infestation remains high in this situation. Try to use a metal frame that keeps your stacks at least 8 inches above the ground level.
- Never spray any pesticide or insecticide on the stock of your ironbark firewood in Warrimoo. Wood will absorb the chemical and release during combustion. It produces a high level of toxicity.
- Choose a dry location for storage where moisture impact is low. It helps in keeping your firewood always ready to burn. Also, make sure that there is a roofing arrangement by a tarp in order to prevent from the monsoon.
How to get a good stock of cheap firewood?
- If you don’t want to invest a huge amount on seasoned ironbark firewood for sale in Warrimoo, buy it green. Getting your wood 6-7 months before winter allows enough time for seasoning. It is a natural process that just requires an adequate amount of sunlight.
- Search for free delivery options. A large share from firewood cost is charged only for its transportation. The firewoods are heavyweight, thus they require a large carrier. Search for local suppliers in priority who can deliver the stock for free of cost. Competition is rising and it can directly beneficiate the customer.
- Contact with an arborist company of your locality. They deal in wood cutting jobs on a regular basis. Therefore, a huge amount of wooden waste becomes a headache for them. They are one of the cheapest sources of ironbark wood for burning.
Hope this is enough information for you in while choosing a stock of firewood. With just a little bit of common sense, you can get the best quality firewood at a nominal cost.