In many cultures, Women who do not have children are called barren. They are considered infertile and even unlucky. There are different ways of approaching this problem in any society. Some settle for adoption, while others seek out the help of an IVF Center. These fertility clinics employ certified medical staff and use hi-tech devices.
- Couples who cannot reproduce a child can take medical assistance. Modern scientific approaches study both male and female infertility.
- Females become infertile due to genes, diseases, uterine and ovulation defects. Men suffer from poor sperm count, premature ejaculation, undescended testicles, etc.,
- At the IVF clinic, both male and female patients are examined. Each patient is treated uniquely based on accurate testing and diagnoses.
- The various solutions include lifestyle changes, drugs, and surgeries. The hi-tech solutions are surrogacy, IUI, IVF, ICSI, GIFT, ZIFT, etc.,
- Only eligible patients are subjected to these treatments in a careful manner. The mature adults have to consent after understanding the specific medical procedure.
- Globally, 1 in every 6 couples is affected by infertility problems. IVF success rate depends on the patient’s age, health condition, and exact nature of the problem.
- The costs depend upon the range of prescribed services. Endopathy, sonography, endoscopy, sperm count study, etc., are required.
Typical IVF Procedure
Natural reproduction happens when healthy eggs are fertilized by healthy sperm. IVF, or assisted reproduction, depends on laboratory techniques. In a state of art clinic, The patient has to undergo these sequence of steps –
- The ovaries are controlled and stimulated using hormone treatments. Women are given hormone injections and mature eggs are collected within 36 hours.
- The egg retrieval procedure is performed by the specialist doctor. These eggs are carefully preserved and cultured in an incubator.
- The eggs are placed in a dish and fertilized with healthy, motile sperm. Standard insemination or ICSI technique are used for best outcomes.
- The fertilized eggs or zygotes are cultured in a growth medium. Embryo quality is periodically assessed to confirm high quality and pregnancy chances.
- The embryo quality is determined by a specialist called embryologist. Within 5 days, The embryo is transferred into the woman’s uterus.
- Laser and freezing techniques are also used in modern IVF Center. Screening, biopsy, microsurgeries for sperm removal, etc., are also prescribed.
As mentioned above, IVF is a modern and hi-tech reproductive solution. Specialists like urologist, gynaecologist, andrologist, and obstetrician work together. A super specialist known as reproductive endocrinologist oversees the whole treatment. At the IVF Center, Patients receive customized services to reduce these risks –
- Egg retrieval risks are bleeding, infection, bowel and bladder injuries.
- Fertility treatment can lead to multiple pregnancies, twins or triplets.
- Miscarriages, pre-mature deliveries and low birth weight babies are possible.
- Complications can arise during ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval steps.
- More serious problems are ovarian cancer, birth defects, and ectopic pregnancy.
Note: Serious complications are rare as cutting edge technology is utilised. Patients can always visit the clinic if side effects persist or become worrisome.