Going out on your first date can be fun and exciting but you can also come down with a severe case of not knowing what to talk about. Many people get this instantaneous head freeze when it comes to picking up topics to talk about and refraining from asking the same questions or questions that you already know the answers to. If you repeat questions or ask questions that you know the answers to, then your date may think that you are not really into them since you cannot remember. However, this might not be the case. You might just be so nervous that you draw a blank and you want to show your date that you are into him or her so you try to erase the vow of silence with these questions.
If this sounds like you on your first date then try out a few of these first date conversation tips from Alex Wise – a relationship expert of Loveawake dating service. There tips will help you to get into a flowing conversation that will last you all night long:
- How was your day? Did anything interesting happen?
- Have you seen [whatever movie]? I really enjoyed it. What was the last movie that you saw? Did you like it?
- What’s playing in your iPodright now?
- Do you have any favorite sports that you enjoy playing? (If you already know that he or she has a favorite sport then you should rephrase the question to: DO you have any favorite sports that you like to play besides [whatever their favorite sport is]?
- Do you like to travel? Where have you traveled to? What is your favorite country? What did you do there? If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What do you do for fun?
- What is your favorite food? Have you gone to [a restaurant that serves their favorite food]?
These simple one liners seem that they would not spark an excellent conversation but you would be very surprised. If you practice a few of these questions, then you will be armed and ready to go on your first date. You will be able to respond with some of your experiences and what you like to do and eat as well. This will help to stimulate your conversation and most importantly, get to know your date even better. The truth is that successful dates begin with great conversations. If you cannot achieve a great conversation on your first date, then you might not have a chance for a second with your dating site date.