Aluminum doors and windows design and manufacturing is an extremely customized job as every job order has its own set of design needs depending upon the application, customer needs and architecture. Creating custom drawings with intricate manufacturing details for every bespoke order of doors or windows design is non-profitable and time consuming.
Thus, design engineers seek a solution to automate repetitive design tasks. CAD customization or a logical rule-based product configurator such as DriveWorks has got immense capabilities to address these challenges. For example,
Primarily CAD design automation is implemented with software such as DriveWorks or Tacton like the below mentioned steps.
- Developing a master model in CAD for the door
- Capture the design intelligence of the model
- Define the design parameters and create user forms to allow the user to input custom design specifications to automate the designs
- Design logical rules for configurator through VBA script or logical programming to generate custom models with a visual 3D display in an interactive platform
- Allow the configurator to generate custom BOMs and manufacturing drawings for the user generated inputs
- Deploy the configurator on mobile or website for the sales team or the customer to access at the front-end
By applying design automation, manufacturers can avail benefits such as increased speed and better quality in stages of order approval, generating manufacturing drawings and assembly. Furthermore, design automation with software such as DriveWorks promotes 100% accuracy in BOMs and quote generation of every order eliminating any costly calculation errors.
Design automation through product configurator makes the overall customer experience of buying a window or door more gripping and interesting. Collectively all features offered by design automation works together to increase the chances of a successful order approval and carry seamless manufacturing simultaneously.