For a successful business, it’s important to design the company’s operation structure carefully. Enterprise architecture (EA) is the perfect conceptual blueprint to define the operation and structural frame of an organisation. It determines how an organisation can work in a most efficient manner to achieve its present objectives and future goals. Enterprise architecture consists of four perspectives – business, application, information and technology, which determine perceptibly business standards and processes; interactions among its standards and processes; classifications and defining raw data like document files and other databases; and hardware, programming, OS and other tech issues.
Applying EA tools
Directing a whole business operation is not an easy job. It’s a huge task, which cannot be done significantly without the right technology. Current age technology is carrying trend of ‘tool’s. Recently in the market, many companies have come up with different enterprise architecture software. The advantages of an enterprise architecture software include easy access, improved adaptability of market demands, summarize company’s operation, eliminate technical complexity, escalate IT performance, optimising organisational assets and minimising employees’ productivity. Now companies are investing in new EA tools market. Among those, EAComposer is one of the most promising software, which summarizes and simplifies the enterprise architecture jobs, and this easy and cost-effective tool also meets company’s budget and requirements.
What is an EA Tool?
An EA Tool is the software application that helps an enterprise to administer, store and manage data on the architecture components. One can design models, view and visualisations for business process and IT system models. Also, one can create matrices and reports of the views and models.
Three types of applications often sum up an EA Tool: the EA Repository application, the EA Modelling application and the EA Reporting application
There are four types of tool categories –
- Non-specialized EA tools
- In-house custom developed EA tools
- Lower cost packaged EA tools
- Higher-priced “high end” packaged EA tools
EA Tool factors
Tools are meant to simplify the job. Enterprise Architect software or tool consists of all the factors that are needed to simplify enterprise architecture processes.
- Management: EA tools keep track of all the architecture jobs and manage remotely. To manage enterprise architects’ job being proper, efficient and effective and to control the architecture documents it is acute to use an EA tool.
- Consistency: A specialised architecture tool can store and administered the architecture as a coherent and consistent whole. It brings consistency into enterprise models and stimulates the existing processes.
- Reuse: An EA tool makes it much easier to work on documenting, charting, visualising in a coherent and consistent way. It reuses existing architecture design modules and structure, and gives it a new shape.
- Task Distribution: A cloud-based architecture software tool can distribute tasks in the simplest way possible, depending on the role and specialisation.
- Administration: An EA software tool can generate all the document-producing applications, like Word, PowerPoint and Excel, by using building blocks in the architecture tool. It also controls the changes in models, which will automatically be made in the original documents.
In spite of all the advantages, companies’ main concern became the costing of these tools. Companies always look some cost effecting EA software that can perform like a pro.