Are you thinking of buying a new garage door? Wood is an elegant choice, but is it worth it? Discover the advantages and disadvantages of wooden doors.
The garage door, which covers the largest opening in most homes, is generally the most dominant feature. That’s why choosing the right garage door for your home is an important decision for many homeowners.
What to think?
One of the main factors to consider in the garage door style is the material used. Wood remains today a material that exudes luxury and quality and whose popularity has not weakened.
- Wood has been used since the appearance of garage doors in our homes.
- It continues to be a common choice on the market for its durability, longevity, customisation ability and visual appeal.
- Wood such as durable mahogany, redwood or cedar brings to your home a charm, authenticity, craftsmanship and elegance that metal or plastic materials (steel, aluminium, fiberglass, vinyl) could imitate.
- Because of their artisanal nature, wooden garage doors are often customised to fit the style and home of the homeowners. The timeless and classic visual appeal of a wooden door rarely goes out of fashion.
- They can be built and adjusted for garages whose floor is not level.
- If you live with a player aspiring to a career in the NHL, a wooden garage door may be better for you. Wood doors are generally designed to withstand shocks, cracks, scratches and scratches.
- The durability of wood allows it to cope with extreme temperature changes and can also serve as a good insulator against heat and cold.
- The damage can be repaired easily by correcting the part or panel concerned, instead of having to replace the entire door of the garage.
- It can be operated manually or automatically.
- This is a natural barrier against sound, ideal if you live in a noisy neighbourhood or on a main street.
- Made from a renewable resource, wooden garage doors are also environmentally friendly.
- They can easily be repainted to give them a different look or feel.
- Manufacturers of wooden garage doors in Perth are hard to find.
- They require frequent maintenance and must be repainted and retouched to prevent rot and other damage. Wood is even harder to maintain in a humid climate.
- As they are made to measure, they must be ordered, and the construction time can be long. As such, they can be very expensive. In addition to customisation, some types of wood can drive up costs.
- Wooden doors generally have a shorter warranty which is sometimes limited to one year only