Industrial fire doors present very specific conditions when it comes to sound attenuation. Ensuring that ambient noise is constrained is very important in these spaces. This is achieved by implementing acoustically treated barriers where necessary.
Our industrial acoustic doors are built to an extremely high quality when it comes to both soundproofing and safety, suitable for many industrial applications, including noisy plants and equipment/machinery rooms, warehouse facilties, industrial workspaces and manufacturing buildings.
Industrial Acoustic Doors
In Australia, acoustic doors must meet certain ‘Rw’ sound resistant standards set out by the BCA and are tested and certified accordingly (see: ISO 140-3: 1995 – “acoustics – measurement of sound insulation of buildings and of building elements”).
Our acoustic doors can double as fire doors and other protective doors. They can also be used in boundary walls, where both noise control and fire resistance may be required – very important in industrial facilities that house hazardous activity/materials.
Our industrial acoustic doors can be made from a range of materials, such as galvanised steel, laminated steel sheet metals, and feature certain finishes and/or decorative veneers to suit any aesthetic requirements an industrial space may require.
How Do Soundproof Doors Work?
Any kind of door works as a sound barrier in some respect. With standard doors, however, sound waves will still manage to make their way through unless further preventative measures are taken. These measures include sound insulation and sound absorption – putting up an acoustic barrier.
The greater the mass of the insulation material per unit area of a door, the more soundproof it will be. A double-leaf partition – two sections separated by an air gap filled with a sound absorber – is an efficient and practical sound absorber.
Read more about how soundproof doors work here.
Types of Industrial Acoustic Doors
Acoustic doors can be purchased to suit a range of frame types and sizes, depending on the needs of your space:
• Sliding acoustic doors – Sliding acoustic doors are quite common in larger spaces where larger entry/exit points are needed to accommodate more people and large machinery, but where the use of conventional side hung doors is impractical.
• Hinged doors – Our standard hinged doors are perfect for use in industrial facilities. Our product has been designed and engineered specifically for heavy duty use that also offer optimal performance levels of security, longevity and sound attenuation.
• Swinging doors – Swinging double action acoustic doors are crucial in industrial facilities where corridors have heavy traffic flow in both directions. They perform like a normal acoustic door, however, the key difference is that they swing 180-degrees to allow traffic to move quickly and easily back and forth through the doors.
• Fire or smoke doors – Our acoustic doors can double as fire doors and other protective doors, which is extremely important in hazardous industrial facilities.
• Electronic, automatic or Magnamatic doors – Automatic locking systems are suitable “emergency” doors that may need to stay open, but that still need to automatically close, in the event of a fire or emergency.
All door types can be manufactured and installed with the required accessories and hardware, including frames, hinges, acoustic seals, handles and closing/locking mechanisms, as well as additional features like peep holes or viewing windows.
FSE Specialise Purpose Doors specialises in designing and manufacturing soundproof doors based on our client’s requirements. We work in conjunction with skilled acousticians to ensure we can present custom solutions for any industrial project.