Industrial facilities present very specific conditions when it comes to safety. Aside from industrial fire doors and radiation shielded doors, heavy-duty security doors may be required in some spaces to help protect against serious threats.
FSE Special Purpose Doors provide a range of industrial security doors that adhere to Australian building standards outlined by the BCA (AS/NZS2343:1997). Our security range consists of a selection of ballistic doors, including:
• Bullet proof doors
• Blast resistant doors
They provide provide protection against things such as weaponry assaults, forced entry and other criminal attacks, and blasts and explosions.
What Is a Ballistic Door?
Ballistic doors differ from standard security doors as they are designed to protect against more serious threats. The material used to make your door will depend entirely on the level of security required. They can be made from glass, metal (steel) and even wood.
Industrial security door sets (including frames, hinges, locks and viewing panels) are also fully tested and certified to ensure they can withstand a range of attack levels, including forced entry and projectile or blast penetration.
Who Needs Industrial Security Doors?
• Mining, construction and related operations
• Warehouses and manufacturing facilitates
• Government infrastructure, such as power plants
• Industrial research facilties
• Security, law enforcement facilities (e.g. police stations, prisons)
What Types of Commercial Security Doors Are avaliable?
Despite being heavy-duty and able to withstand a volatile assault, industrial security doors are extremely adaptable and can be aesthetically tailored to suit many types of designs and finishes. Our security doors can be customised to suit a number of different requirements and environments.
Ballistic doors can be fitted with a range of accessories, such as locks, fixings and glazed viewing windows. All security accessories must be factory fitted to ensure maximum resistance against threats. They can also be manufactured in a range of shapes and sizes to suit a variety of operations.
Much like fire doors they can be installed as:
• Hinged Doors: Our standard hinged doors are perfect for use in industrial facilties where space is limited. The FSE security door product has been designed and engineered for heavy duty use in a wide range of industrial applications.
• Sliding Doors: Our industrial sliding security doors come in a range of configurations to suit the available side-room and headroom. They are suitable in spaces where a conventional side hung door is impractical.
• Automatic Swinging Doors: Swinging security doors are perfect in for spaces where doorways accommodate traffic flow in both directions. They perform like a normal security door, the key difference being that they swing 180-degrees to allow traffic to move quickly and easily back and forth through the doors – very useful in industrial spaces that house a lot of activity such as warehouse or research facilties.