According to StackOverflow Developer Survey 2018, angular frameworks, libraries, and other techniques are the second most used technology. AngularJS AngularJS AngularJS and angular are both here. In order to create an effective user interface, 36.9% engineers accepted using AngularJS or Angular 2+.
However, in the same survey, 46% of respondents said that angular was one of the most dangerous outlines. In this blog, we will see Angular vs AngularJS Debate, which is dividing the developer community since the release of Angular 2 in 2016.
Whether you are a software engineer trying to diversify the web development domain or a business that is looking to expand its footprint through the launch of an application, the angulars versus an angular debate must be of interest. Without further ado, we dive into it.
Angular vs AngularJS: History of Angular Editions
Google released AngularJS or Angular 1 in 2010. It gained immediate popularity and support, as static HTML pages can now be interactive using AngularJS. However, soon after, other settings were released, which began to highlight the shortcomings of the AngularJS framework.
After Angular 2, Angular 4, 5, 6 and 7 have recorded their presence. Of these, angular is the 4th most popular version and backward compatible too.
Angular vs AngularJS: Main Difference
There was a paradigm shift from Angular 2 AngularJes because not only the language but the approach of basic data structure and data binding was changed. Nevertheless, both AngularJS and Angular are used by programmers and web developers as per their requirement.
Let us look at the important differential factors in Angular vs AngularJS:
AngularJS supports MVC or Models View Controller architecture. You have placed the business logic in the model, the desired output and angle in the controller processes all to get that output. Model pipelines are automatically generated by AngularJS.
On the contrary, the components and instructions build the building blocks of Angular. The components are nothing but instructions with a predefined template. They provide applications a modern structure, making it easy to create and maintain large applications.
Dependency Injection (DI)
Both AngularJS and the angular use of dependency injections but the way they do are completely different. AngularJS DI is injected into various link functions, controller functions, and directive definitions. On the other hand, Angular implements a hierarchical dependency injection system using announcements, construction tasks and providers.
Angular 2+ ships with your own command-line interface or CLI It is used to generate components, services etc. and even to complete the projects quickly and efficiently. You can easily generate different versions of the same project for different platforms with dynamic type checking, lining, etc. AngularJS does not have its own CLI.
When it comes to dealing with data binding, Angular is more intuitive than AngularJS. An AngularJS developer should remember the correct ng directive to bind a property or event. In the case of Angular, the language uses () for event binding and  for property binding.
AngularJS is much faster than AngularJS. In fact, developers claim that if properly created, angular applications can be five times faster than AngularJS applications.
Two-way binding, which popularized the original angular JS among web developers, has not been proven that more and more complex applications are being developed using it. In order to ensure and implement two-way binding, AngularJS keeps seeing each scoped variable using a previous digestive cycle with its previous value. The walking cycle of this digestive cycle is random and therefore, as the size of the program increases, checking can move infinitely, thereby affecting the app performance.
On the contrary, there is flux architecture in Angular, where the change is detected through indirect data flow, making the applications very fast.
AngularJS does not provide mobile development support but AngularJ does. This makes the AngularJS a bit antidote in this age of mobile-first computing.
Angular vs AngularJS: Advantages and Disadvantages
Angular and Angular JS have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here we are curse, so that you can make your choices based on your specific needs.
- Angular is at least five times faster due to better algorithm for data binding and a component-based architecture.
- Components of an angular application are quite independent and self-reliant, which makes them reusable and friendly.
- It is easy to replace, maintain and scale independent components.
- Angular applications can be provided on both browser and mobile devices.
- There are inbuilt extensions in the angular for server-side rendering of applications. It enables developers to sync content and server sides, which is a big plus for SEO.
- Angular supports lazy loading, which makes applications fast as only those components that are needed.
- TypeScript first makes the angular approach cleaner code, better navigation and high-quality product.
- Angular’s learning curve is standing, because you also need to type a master in a typed language. With the advent of frameworks enabling quick development, many developers are not compatible with statically typed languages.
- As it was to completely rewrite the Angular 2 AngularJS, using the AngularJS needs to migrate to a developed legacy system, which some developers do not like.
- Angular is sometimes called a verb language because components are managed in a very complicated manner.
- Angular’s command line interface is very liked by engineers, but they also complain that its documentation is not complete.
- The AngularJS two-way data binding facilitates fast and easy data binding without interfering with developers.
- AngularJS supports faster coding and prototyping, significantly reduces development time.
- AngularJS’s MVC and MVVM architecture separate the data from design, making it easy to develop and maintain complex web applications.
- Clean and systematic coding makes AngularJS code highly reusable.
- Developers should be familiar with MVC architecture to use AngularJS.
Should I choose Angular or AngularJS?
If you look at the long list of benefits of angular, then it is understandable to select Angular on angulars. However, you must not forget the steep learning curve to learn angular. If you have a simple and straightforward application to develop, AngularJS can make the development faster and easier. But if you want to develop complex applications that should be scalable, angular should be your obvious choice.
Given that there is a learning curve in Angular, you can hire angular developers or top angular development companies to make your work easier. As a developer or business owner, investing in angular will be a positive step in the right direction.