Self-storage or self-service storage provides storage rooms or lockers for households and businesses for rent. Self-storage business rents storage spaces to individuals who use it to store household goods and for small companies that use the spaces to store inventory or old records. The rental contracts with such services can be of a short duration of just up to a day or can even run till 2 years or more.
Self Storage As An Industry And Its Present Trend
The self storage industry faced an image problem, and this trend existed throughout its history. But, it started to re-invent itself in recent years, benefiting from modern and contemporary designs and construction techniques.
We may also call it a long coming as self storage during olden days was just treated as “Ugly Duckling,” and would only have numerous rows of steel buildings and garage doors. In recent years, the usage of self-storage is growing each year.
Benefits Of Self Storage
During storage, the tenant often secures spaces by using his/her lock. These spaces are not like warehouses, and hence the employees do not have access to the contents stored in the spaces. This thus limits the access and the liability of the storage operator when it comes to the renter’s possessions.
Safe and secure – The self storage facilities are equipped with security features like alarms, security cameras and have access control features. These facilities also provide 24-hour access to its customers. A few of them also have 24 hours video surveillance and well-trained security guards.
Well-maintained – The storage rooms or spaces are well-maintained and clean. Many Companies also conduct a monthly pest control of the entire premises. This way, the goods or the inventory are always in the condition stored.
Conveniently located – Self storage units are also located conveniently at prime locations, thus making it easily accessible to one and all. The storage units provide safe and secure facilities for individuals and businesses to store their goods or household items in dedicated rooms.
Uses Of Self Storage Spaces
Self storage spaces provide a budget-friendly option to store household items or inventory for a specific duration. Having a space to store your belongings can make things more comfortable in some situations. Mentioned below are a few uses of self storage.
- Beneficial for business – Businesses can store extra equipment or inventory, investing in a self-storage space keeps your workspace organized.
- Traveling after retirement – Some people plan to travel after retirement. While some of the unused items are sold off, a self-storage space can be rented to store the valuable items that you do not wish to sell. One can choose from an entire unit or just a locker, based on their unique needs.
- Store your winter items – Residing in a city that has very harsh weather conditions, you certainly have to protect your yard equipment and furniture. An indoor space can come to your rescue then!
- Store your sports or hobby equipment – If you are one of those who are passionate about hobbies or a sport, you certainly would have tools or equipment that is used less frequently. Such material can be stored in self-storage units.
- When you are moving – Self storage spaces can also be used by couples or students who do not have the needed space in their new home. Unwanted furniture can be stored in these spaces, which are budget-friendly, safe and well-maintained.
Self storage for many families is the need of the hour. If you are looking for a reliable option to store away those unused goods, it is time you contact companies that provide self storage services in your area.