AVG Technologies is a market leader known for providing highly reliable and effective security solutions to the world. AVG antivirus solutions are demanded as they provide utmost protection to your Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. After installing an AVG antivirus on your device, you can be sure of the following:
- Complete protection against spyware, malware, Trojan horses, Ransomware and other threats
- Network security
- Firewall protection
- Fast speed of your device (due to regular removal of temporary and junk files)
Be it AVG Ultimate, AVG Internet Security, AVG Cleaner for Mac, AVG antivirus for Android or any other product, you need to first purchase the subscription and then download, install and activate it. However, a free trial version of all these AVG products is also available but if you want to have access to the advanced security features, go for a paid one.
Now, every AVG antivirus remains active for a certain period of time and after which it gets expired. Once expired, your device may get vulnerable to the risks of viruses and hacking attacks. To prevent this problem, AVG has enabled auto-renewal or auto-extend feature in all its products.
With this feature, your AVG antivirus subscription will get automatically extended by 15 days prior to the start of the next subscription period. It will automatically charge the amount for the next subscription from the card, the details of which you have provided during the first subscription’s payment. However, you will receive a notification email 45 days before the start of the next subscription.
To avoid this situation, you can simply cancel your AVG antivirus subscription auto-extension by any of the following ways:
- Via the cancellation link in the notification email sent to your registered email ID
- Via your AVG MyAccount to handle and manage your orders as well as AVG product subscriptions
- Using email notification
Please note that the AVG customer support provided here for the cancellation of the auto-extend service is applicable for AVG AntiVirus, AVG Internet Security, and AVG PC TuneUp. Find below the steps for the same:
- Search for the original purchase confirmation email from your email ID. This email will be with the subject line “We’re keeping you protected and your subscription price update”.
- Find out the link in that email to discuss or describe the ways to cancel your subscription
- You might see a message for the confirmation, hit Yes
- You will now receive a new mail containing the subscription cancellation request link
- Click on that link to complete the cancellation process
- Or you might also get an unsubscribe link in a new email
- Click on that link and complete the cancellation process
Please note that if you haven’t received any email, check your spam or junk folder!
- Via AVG MyAccount
- Visit the official website of AVG antivirus
- Open the login page
- Provide the registered email ID and password to access your AVG account
- If you haven’t created an account on AVG then click on Create a New Account
- Enter the required information and register with the same email ID you have provided during purchase of your AVG product
- Once signed in, open My Products to check all the AVG products you have purchased
- Hit the arrow button next to the product you want to cancel the auto-extended subscription of
- This will show you the complete description of that product
- Now, click Cancel Subscription
- You will see a pop-up asking for the confirmation of the subscription cancellation
- Confirm the action
- The extension for the next period is cancelled!
If you are still unable to cancel the subscription, contact AVG customer service team before your subscription extends. The team offers round the clock support services, so you can contact them anytime as per your convenience.
Kulsher holds the degree of M. Tech from the University of Nottingham and his keen passion towards technical writing has given him new achievements. His passion for writing on technologies and latest devices has indeed made the interface to any device much easier for users. His loves to write about the latest Sony printers, Brother Printer, Avast & AVG antiviruses along with all the errors associated with them.