If you had bought a new car or even a used one, then you need to know a few maintenance tips, so as to ensure that your car continues to function smoothly and seamlessly. By taking care of your car, you are lengthening its life span and if you don’t, then the chances of your car breaking down in the middle of nowhere go up. It is not fun when your car dies out on you, suddenly in the middle of nowhere and that’s exactly the reason why you should check out the tips posted below.
- Changing the oil: This is the first basic DIY task that you should have mastered a long time ago, before purchasing your brand new Lexus. It is essential that you change the oil in your engine regularly along with the oil filter. By changing them periodically, you can get your car to function normally without a hassle. Anyone can change the oil in the engine; all you have to do is to remove the oil drain plug, let the old oil empty itself into the tray and then empty out the tray. Now, change the oil filter, pour in new oil and your car should be as good as new.
- Check the roof lining: Most car owners often do not pay attention to the car roof lining. It is an important part of your car ad if the lining is torn, then you need to get the same handled right away.
- Changing a flat tire: This is basic 101, you need to know how to take care of your car and that involves changing a flat tire, should your car develop one. All you need to do is to use the lever, raise the wheels, and remove the lug nuts on the hub with the help of a wrench. Once you have removed them, you should be able to remove the flat wheel and replace the same with a normal wheel. Now replace the wheel, tighten those lug nuts, and you should be good to ‘go’.
- Changing your spark plugs: Spark plugs are an essential part of your car engine and your car would not work if the spark plugs don’t. And that is why it is important that you know where your spark plugs are located so that you can change the same with ease. It should also be pointed out that you can change your spark plugs with ease. First, locate your spark plugs, remove the same, remove the spark plug wire, and now install a new spark plug with the wiring.
- Change the battery: You need to get your car checked out at various periods, batteries do not last forever and as you get your car checked out, you can also determine the current status of your battery and whether you need to get the same changed.
- Replacing the headlight and/ or tail lights: If you have faulty headlights, taillights, then it is important that you get them fixed right away. Using a car with faulty headlight or taillights is a recipe for disaster – it can often result in an accident and that’s why you need to get the same changed. It is important that when it comes to handling certain important issues such as car roof lining or windshield crack among others, you need to handle it asap.
it is important that you take good care of your car and thereby extend its lifespan. Just remember to subject your cars to regular checkups and as a result, your car should be perfectly fine.