There are a few important aspects to remember when going for a Garage Door Opener Installation. The process has to be seamless and it has to flow smoothly right from the start till the end. There are different ways in which one may choose the right kind of Garage Door Opener.
Ways of choosing the right garage door opening
- While deciding on this aspect, it is important to have approximate estimate in mind on the amount that you would be comfortable in spending on this.
- Keep in mind the ideal design that you always wanted in the door.
- There could be a huge variety of styles and designs that you might want to consider choosing from. They could be contemporary, carriage house or traditional.
DIY Easy Garage Door Opener Installation
For Do it yourself, below are a few important tips that one should consider for the sake of an easy Garage Door Opener Installation and smooth operation:
- One needs to ensure that the individual parts of the door are working- check for the springs, brackets, broken or wobbly rollers. There are some parts like the bottom roller bracket, torsion spring etc that are to be best done by a pro since they are under heavy tension and as such would be difficult to handle by a non-experienced person.
- Ensure that the door balance is perfectly aligned- this again, is one job that is best left for the pros. To check this, one needs to open the garage door halfway and then let go. In an ideal working condition, the door should not move. If it does, the torsion spring needs adjustment or perhaps a replacement.
- Need to ensure that a reversing door has been quickly fixed- This is a very common problem and happens with the door reversing when it is closing. IN all likelihood, the problem is with the photoelectric eyes. Being sensitive, dust particles and even cobwebs may cause it to malfunction. Also need to check for unplugged or lose wires between the eyes and the opener.
- Since this installation has to endure a lot of vibration, bulbs that can withstand vibration need to be used- While buying the garage door bulbs, go for the ones that have “Garage Door” or “Rough Service” mentioned on the label. Also ensure that the wattage is within the limit mentioned as bulbs that that become too hot might damage the circuit board inside the opener. LED bulbs or CFL bulbs are not exactly suitable here due to operational handicaps.
- Choosing the right opener is very important here- Openers may be Belt drive, screw drive or chain drive. Depending upon the door type, one may choose the opener with 1/3 hp, ½ hp or ¾ hp.
- Ensuring that the opening and the closing force is balanced and fine- tuned- Sometimes small adjustments in the opening and the closing force screws is all it needs to balance and fine tune the opening and the closing force screws.
- The opener has to be set up on a ladder for the ease of installation- For the ease of installation, use a ladder to mount it and then one may use scrap wood to adjust it to the level required.
- If need be, all the components need to be replaced with fitting and heavy duty ones- When replacing the opener use al fresh parts and components for a seamless operation.
- Need to go for heavy duty angle iron- The angle iron that is used in the opener should be heavy duty so that there is smoother operation and limited vibration.
The above mentioned points should be kept in mind for hassle free Garage Door Opener Installation. Click here to get more information.