“Free your mind, take your mark, jump in the water, and swim as fast as you can.”
If this really touched your heart and if this is what you would love to do during your leisure time, then probably it’s time for you to take an admission in the nearest swim club in Katy. The benefits of swimming are diverse. The United States Masters Swimming has already issued a press release a few years back stating the importance of swimming for an enhanced and active lifestyle. Although the internet is overflowing with the advantages of swimming, many of us still feel that swimming is a child’s play and is simply a summer fun! However, the fact remains that swimming is an amazing way to remain fit without having to shed kilos in the gym. Also, this is effective for both adults as well as children!
Let us now see some of its benefits:
- Weight Loss: The best thing about swimming is that it can help you to lose weight in a fun way. If you are worried about your bloated tummy but too lazy to hit the gym, joining a swim club can be the easiest solution.
- Core Strengthening: If you enroll your kid in a swim club, you will gift him/her a healthy life! Swimming strengthens the core and no weight training can do it as effectively as swimming. This works well both for the adults and children.
- Good Socializing: If you are worried about the fact that your kid is too shy and are becoming introvert off late, swimming can be a solution. This is a fun session where your kid will get to meet other children as well. This way, they will socialize with each other and become more confident.
In this article, we will also try to understand why it’s better to get trained in a large pool rather than a smaller one. Many people might not have any idea about this but the fact is, the size of the pool really does matter! Let’s now see how:
- Endurance: When a person gets trained in a large pool, he/she can naturally work on his/her endurance inside the pool. It is extra challenging as the walls are far away and hence, the swimmer has to keep swimming till he/she reaches the end. So, this is an advantageous situation for them than the ones who are getting trained in a smaller one. Simply put, a large pool of around 50 meters is twice as much swim than a smaller one.
- Rhythm: For swimmers, a large pool helps in getting into a proper rhythm. In a large pool, a swimmer can go much faster and this improves the swimmers’ pace in the pool. So, if in 25 meters pool you need to take 18 strokes to get across the pool, in a 50 meters one, you will have to take 36 such strokes to get across the pool. This will, therefore, make you much efficient inside the water!
- Confidence: Suppose, after getting trained for a few months or a year in your local Katy swim club you need to show your swimming skills in a native swim event. Also, it’s an open water challenge and hence, it’s challenging for you. However, you have got trained in a large pool, you will not have to worry much about the size of the open water as you will already be confident enough to take a plunge! Hence, getting trained in a big pool essentially boosts confidence as well.
A Few Facts about Short Pools
Although the benefits of a large pool have already been discussed above, a short pool isn’t bad, though. The professional swimmers prefer large pools but if you have a kid at home and if you wish him/her to learn swimming, it is advisable for you to enroll him/her in a short pool first and then as he/she grows old, you can shift him/her to a large pool. Short-course swim training for the kids is indeed a good way to swim faster.
So, if the 50 meters pool is far off from your place and if you are not very fond of driving to the place every day, you can swim in the short pool nearby and once in a week pay a visit to the large one. This way, you will get a hold of both and will improve your overall swimming strokes.