Australia is home to some of the best universities in the world, besides which it has a great deal more to offer. It is one of the most livable countries in the world offering affordable education, a good lifestyle and stunning places to visit. Australia happens to one of the most popular destinations amongst international students after the USA and the UK. The reason why Australia is so popular with international students is diversity and a wide range of subjects to select from. There is also an opportunity to work for a few hours a week while studying and enjoy all the activities and good weather.
International students take up many different courses here and have many reasons for doing so. Many students attempt to remain in Australia after the completion of their course. They do so by opting to apply for permanent residency in Australia. There are many courses popular in Australia with varying chances of obtaining PR in Australia. This article lists several courses popular in Australia and explains the benefits of studying trade courses for PR in Australia.
Popular Courses in Australia
There are many courses available in Australia with different cost and duration. All students have different goals, while some opt for courses with good job prospects in Australia and overseas, others pick a course with the sole aim of making the process of applying for permanent residency.
Here are a few popular courses with international students:
- Trade courses Australia: The trade courses in Australia are in high demand and include the development of important skills that are in high demand, like bricklaying, joinery, boat building, wall & floor tiling, automotive bodywork, plumbing, etc. These courses are for a comparatively shorter duration and also lead to high paying jobs.
- Carpentry: This is a skill that is in high demand in Australia making it easy for the domestic students to gain employment after having completed their course. Since the demand is so high, there is also an opportunity for international students to take up this course.
- Engineering degree in Australia: The demand for this profession is also quite high and happens to be popular amongst local as well as foreign students.
Advantages of Opting for Trade Course in Australia
- It includes plenty of practical training to help students gain expert skill levels a high salary.
- The fees for this course are comparatively lower.
- The duration of this course is lower and it brings many opportunities for students who take up this course.
- This is also one of the many courses that make it easier to obtain permanent residency in Australia.
- The employment opportunities after completion of this course are very high.
- There is a greater chance for the employer to sponsor a candidate.
- This course provides skill level sufficient to start-up your own business.
PR Prospects of Several Courses in 2020
It is quite common for international students to take up a course in Australia to take up permanent residency later. Education & teaching, social work are amongst the popular ones. Listed here are some of the popular courses with a greater chance of obtaining a PR:
- Trade courses: There is a greater chance of obtaining permanent residency for students who take up a trade course. Some of the popular trade courses include Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling, Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology, Certificate III in Engineering, Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology.
- Computer and IT: There are continuous advancements in the IT field which has to lead to the creation of a large number of jobs. There is a high demand for students specializing in hardware, software, networking, security, etc.
- Engineering: A good engineering degree in Australia can increase the opportunity of getting a PR in Australia. Some of the engineering skills that are in high demand include designing, building, manufacturing, inventing, etc. The common occupations are chemical engineering, materials engineering, aeronautical engineering, industrial engineering, etc.