Dance is to move one’s feet or body, or both, rhythmically in a pattern of steps, especially to the accompaniment of music. Dance is a form of art that shows expressions and is really involved with movement, it is normally for fun and entertainment. Dance is a usually story written in vivid detail, told using action and movement. The story is explained using hand, arm and leg movements. Dance is when people move to a musical rhythm. They may be alone, or in a group. The dance may be an informal play, a part of a ritual, or a part of a professional performance. There are many kinds of dances, and every human society has its own dances.
There are many different styles of dance and dance studio Brisbane south, which fall into these general types, but not limited to;
1. Professional Dance
2. Social Dance
3. Street Dance
* Break dance
* Hip hop
4. Folk Dance
* Hip-hop vs Ballet in Brisbane
Hip Hop Classes South Brisbane – Hip-hop dance is more than just a music genre, it is a whole sub-culture, a medium of expression of real life stories, and in fact the majority of the lyrical content of hip-hop music is comprises of real life stories, usually experiences of life through hardship, or just a straight expression of public dissatisfaction. They are mainly expressions for political, social as well as personal endurance that are popular, especially with black, urban youth. Hip-hop’s main characteristic is free-styling and when dancing to hip-hop, a single step can take on different names and there can also be different styles to that particular step. There is hardly any consistency here, hip-hop movements show freedom of expression and usually regular shoes are used, unlike in ballet. Hip-hop music is bouncy and characteristic of rhyming words.
Ballet Classes South Brisbane – Ballet dance is very consistent and every move is very specific, with an assigned name in French. When a dancer makes a move, it will be the same as made by a different dancer regardless of place. Ballet dance moves flow tightly, with the feet pointed and the muscles pulled inwards. Ballet dance can be a big cause of fatigue as the movements put a great deal of stress on the muscles. Ballet dance is characteristic of a classical feel and can either be slow or fast. Ballet music is classical and can be emotional while hip-hop is looped.
Best Dance Classes in Brisbane:-
Here is the list of some best dance classes, and an academy which is located around the Brisbane for kids, and adults but not limited to;
* The Studio – The Studio is a new dance school in Yeronga (Brisbane’s inner South), offering uncompromising technical standards, an appreciation of the arts and focus on the love of movement.
* Balance Dance School – Balance dance school located in Bulimba which is offering Brisbane kids toddler creative dance, kinder creative ballet style, classical ballet (RAD) style, and jazz dance style.
* Dipadees Dance Class – This academy designed dance style to be very low-pressure for kids, and for little dancers which is Suitable for all ages kids between 3 years, and 16 years. This dance class famous for their dance styles includes ballet, taps, contemporary, jazz, and funk style.
* Ellapointe Dance Studio – Ellapointe Dance Studio is the perfect choice for kids dance classes which is located in Brisbane. This dance academy provides dancing to your kids to express their emotions, improve coordination, socialize with neighbors, friends, and get active.
* Kinder Move and Groove Dance Class – Kinder Move and Groove dance class are also very famous class in Mt Gravatt, and this class is work on kids and adults, developing coordination, confidence, listening, and social skills through there fun dance, games, and musical instruments.
* Sharee Skye Dance Centre – Sharee Skye Dance Centre is very famous and the best classes in the heart of St Lucia. This class is very popular for tap & jazz (CSTD) style, classical ballet (RAD) style, contemporary style, musical theatre, singing, acrobatics, and hip hop dance style.
* Tiddlywinks Dance & Play Cafe – This classes offer a range of dance classes, including hip hop style for ages 3-15 years, jazz ballet style, and jazz style, and classical Ballet style.
The Studio is a new contemporary dance classes Brisbane (Brisbane’s inner South), offering uncompromising technical standards, an appreciation of the arts and focus on the love of movement.