Gujarat is a significant market for International colleges scouting for Indian students. Every year there are 5000 to 6000 students from Gujarat flying to the United States for higher studies. The US, UK, Australia and Canada are the top countries of choice for higher studies.
Interesting statistics about this trend are;
• There is 12% rise in visa application from Gujarat
• There will be a 10% increase in students going to the US from Gujarat.
• There were 20% Visa rejections earlier. But in last three intakes, the denials have considerably reduced.
• Management and related programs are one of the three top courses preferred by Gujarat students abroad.
Hotel management is a popular choice for many students. These students are either looking to start their career internationally or are aiming to be hospitality entrepreneurs. International education does offer many benefits like dynamic curriculum and greater exposure. However, the most significant drawback of studying abroad is the price. The cost of three years of international studies and stay could be a discouraging factor for many aspirants.
The students also need to consider the climatic conditions, language barriers, cultural differences and additional costs that they will encounter in this new country.
A safer and a much cheaper option for these students is to join an International Institute of Hotel Management in Gujarat and then apply for a course progression in the international school for the final year. In a typical scenario, students complete the first two years of their academics in India and then take a transfer to the International school to finish their final year. By doing so, these candidates will earn the same International degree at 40 % of the original cost.
The added benefit of studying in such International institutes of hotel management are:
1. These are better counselling and guidance from the home institute about the specialisation to opt for in the final year
2. The Indian partner school usually organises familiarisation tours to the international school. In these visits, one can sit in lectures, get acclimatised to the weather and do first-hand research on job prospects that exist in that country.
3. Since there is a group of students taking transfer together, the whole process of shifting to a new location and culture becomes easier.
Top Hospitality schools that offer such lateral entries through transfers are Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Aurangabad and Vatel International Business School of Hotel & Tourism Management, New Delhi. IHM offers course progression in UK and Vatel offers the final year of the degree in France.
The choice for International Hotel Schools in Gujarat is Limited. Best International Institute of Hotel Management in Gujarat is the Jindal School of Hotel Management ( JSHM), Vadodara.
JSHM is in affiliation with the Swiss Education Group (SEG). This association offers a unique advantage to its wards. The Articulation agreements between Swiss Education Group and the Jindal School of Hotel Management facilitates admission for graduates of JSHM by giving credit for their study. This helps the student to gain a lateral entry into the Various degree programs offered by four different colleges under SEG.
There are four different scopes of progression for JSHM undergraduates:
• Bachelor of International Business in Hotel & Tourism Management at César Ritz Colleges, Switzerland
Cesar Ritz is suited for those interested in the entrepreneurial and global aspects of the hospitality business.
• Bachelor of Business Administration at Hotel Institute Montreux, Switzerland
The school is located right next to the beautiful Montreux lake and is ideal for pupils with a passion for Finance, Marketing or Human Resource Management
• Bachelor of Arts in International Hospitality and Design Management at IHTTI, Neuchatel, Switzerland
• Recommended for those who wish to combine hospitality education with facilities design
• Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management/Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality & Event Management/Bachelor of Arts in Event Management at SHMS, Switzerland
The Swiss Hotel Management School in Caux is known for its excellent programs offering traditional Hospitality education and event management
The duration of international studies in these transfer programs is 1year to 1.5 years. The degree and diploma students at JSHM have an option to either complete studies in Vadodara or take any of the four options offered through SEG.
These unique credit transfer options and choice of international colleges based on the specialisation makes JSHM the Best International Institute of Hotel Management in Gujarat.
If you are searching for an excellent international college, you should visit jshm.co.in which offers a unique dual certification program.